• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computing or AICT??

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am facing one BIG confusion and dunno what to do! Should I opt for computing as a fourth subject or AICT as a fourth subject?? I did my O levels recently and my subjects were: English, Maths, Phys, Chem, Bio, Commerce, ICT, Pak Studies, Urdu, Islamiyat! and Now I am starting my A Level with these subjects: Phyics, Chemistry, Mathematics and one of the two above. Now I did ICT in O levels and wanted to do AICT but many ppl said that its just an extra subject and has no value as an important subject, while it is a Double Credit subject in A LEVEL too! They say computing is meant for sciences subject and ICT is not even considered as a Subject in many universities!! So IDK what to do. Any help would be appreciated :)
cyclone94, Ibtizam, Angelina_25, shazmina

Reaction score
it depends what you want to do... aict is just about using computer and integrated packages.... computing will give you more exposure as you will learn programming at basic level.... if you don't want to do software engineering aict will be better as it gives you extra skills of computer than non aict student.... otherwise computing is your answer

Reaction score
it depends what you want to do... aict is just about using computer and integrated packages.... computing will give you more exposure as you will learn programming at basic level.... if you don't want to do software engineering aict will be better as it gives you extra skills of computer than non aict student.... otherwise computing is your answer

hmmm but i heard AICT have more value like double credit subject or something!

Reaction score
Computing is an in-depth subject unlike AICT. Computing deals with all the aspects of computers; from hardware to software to working of it's parts to challenging algorithms. Along with the project, which in itself is very beneficial for those who seek a future in Computer Sciences.

If, and ONLY if, you want to open up your choices and want to go for Software Engineering or Computer Sciences in the future (university, job) then go for Computing. It's not easy (very difficult for some); I would not recommend it as an extra subject, especially not for someone who did not take the subject in O'level/IGCSE.

If you just want to take the fourth subject to achieve an A, take AICT (it's not easy either but definitely much easier than Computing).

Reaction score
Computing is an in-depth subject unlike AICT. Computing deals with all the aspects of computers; from hardware to software to working of it's parts to challenging algorithms. Along with the project, which in itself is very beneficial for those who seek a future in Computer Sciences.

If, and ONLY if, you want to open up your choices and want to go for Software Engineering or Computer Sciences in the future (university, job) then go for Computing. It's not easy (very difficult for some); I would not recommend it as an extra subject, especially not for someone who did not take the subject in O'level/IGCSE.

If you just want to take the fourth subject to achieve an A, take AICT (it's not easy either but definitely much easier than Computing).

i did studied computing in o level a little and its was much easier than AICT!! Idk why but i feel like doing ICT and i did and then when i saw the pprs of both of them , they were almost the same and easy to. Hmm i should take computing cox i wanna do computer sciences!

Reaction score
i did studied computing in o level a little and its was much easier than AICT!! Idk why but i feel like doing ICT and i did and then when i saw the pprs of both of them , they were almost the same and easy to. Hmm i should take computing cox i wanna do computer sciences!
Alyyy though i dun noe much about this ...but I'll still go along with what Saad Mughal has said !!
Cuz computing will give u the wide ranges of software issues !! So I thinks it has to be computing :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am facing one BIG confusion and dunno what to do! Should I opt for computing as a fourth subject or AICT as a fourth subject?? I did my O levels recently and my subjects were: English, Maths, Phys, Chem, Bio, Commerce, ICT, Pak Studies, Urdu, Islamiyat! and Now I am starting my A Level with these subjects: Phyics, Chemistry, Mathematics and one of the two above. Now I did ICT in O levels and wanted to do AICT but many ppl said that its just an extra subject and has no value as an important subject, while it is a Double Credit subject in A LEVEL too! They say computing is meant for sciences subject and ICT is not even considered as a Subject in many universities!! So IDK what to do. Any help would be appreciated :)
cyclone94, Ibtizam, Angelina_25, shazmina

Depends on what your career aspirations are. As elaborated by members above, Computing will open up your options for Computer Science. AICT is just a complementary subject IMO, that will help you achieve basic professional skills like handling DTP, spreadsheets, managing data. It will be best if you take AICT if you have taken Business Studies and the likes of it. It will make you even more professional and if your interests are in Management Studies.
But if you are serious about a career like Computer Science, Software Engineering etc. then Computing should be your choice. Universities will give more consideration to you if you have done so although the minimum requirements are like Physics, Math for Computer Science.Taking Computing will be just an added bonus.
So in short it all depends on your career plans. Btw I would personally prefer Computing as the options it opens up are really hot career prospects. Hope that helped.

Reaction score
Depends on what your career aspirations are. As elaborated by members above, Computing will open up your options for Computer Science. AICT is just a complementary subject IMO, that will help you achieve basic professional skills like handling DTP, spreadsheets, managing data. It will be best if you take AICT if you have taken Business Studies and the likes of it. It will make you even more professional and if your interests are in Management Studies.
But if you are serious about a career like Computer Science, Software Engineering etc. then Computing should be your choice. Universities will give more consideration to you if you have done so although the minimum requirements are like Physics, Math for Computer Science.Taking Computing will be just an added bonus.
So in short it all depends on your career plans. Btw I would personally prefer Computing as the options it opens up are really hot career prospects. Hope that helped.

Ok then me take Computing! Thanx everyone though it seems easier than AICT LOL :p

Reaction score
Ok then me take Computing! Thanx everyone though it seems easier than AICT LOL :p
dont take computing ligthly if you took O level computer studies then consider this O level computer studies consists of barely 30 percent of As syllabus while barely 10 percent of A2 . computing is a interesting no doubt but is very hard and requires time and effort and believe me its an A or U subject my friends have either got A B or Us

Reaction score
Alyyy though i dun noe much about this ...but I'll still go along with what Saad Mughal has said !!
Cuz computing will give u the wide ranges of software issues !! So I thinks it has to be computing :)
well not really computing is about working of a computer . what is basically a computer and how to programm simple(for an expert) commands

Reaction score
dont take computing ligthly if you took O level computer studies then consider this O level computer studies consists of barely 30 percent of As syllabus while barely 10 percent of A2 . computing is a interesting no doubt but is very hard and requires time and effort and believe me its an A or U subject my friends have either got A B or Us

Its easy tbh i love computers I am the only one who got A* in computers in my school so u can see I'm too much into it :p