• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Confusion.

Reaction score
So guys, here is my problem
I have taken p.st, urdu, isl, computer, chem, phy, english and maths in O Level and I want to do computer engineering but the thing is that I have to take phy, chem and maths in A Level which will completely distract me from computer engineering..
So can you tell me what can I do or if I take computing in A Level along with science subjects then how much fees I have to give to a school in karachi and can anyone plz tell me affordable school and their scholorship criteria plz plz plz..
Any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
So guys, here is my problem
I have taken p.st, urdu, isl, computer, chem, phy, english and maths in O Level and I want to do computer engineering but the thing is that I have to take phy, chem and maths in A Level which will completely distract me from computer engineering..
So can you tell me what can I do or if I take computing in A Level along with science subjects then how much fees I have to give to a school in karachi and can anyone plz tell me affordable school and their scholorship criteria plz plz plz..
Any help would be appreciated

If you're dead sure about Computer Engineering then you can drop Chemistry in A'levels for AICT or Computing, this will not 'distract' you from Computer Engineering. But even with Chemistry, you will have no problem in pursuing a future in Computer Engineering. However, you might want second opinions on this so, I'll tag a couple of members who can council you. Nibz, AbbbbY.

In Karachi, the schools that are affordable with scholarships include:
-Lecole.
-PAF Chapter.
-City School.
-Beaconhouse.
-Southshore.
-Avicenna.
-Foundation Public School.

All of these schools provide 100% scholarship on 8 A's (not completely sure about Southshore though).

Roots School System and The Summit school are two other A'level institutes that are slightly cheaper than those mentioned above but I don't know about their scholarship criteria..

Also, if you are still unsure, you might want to go to the career counselor in whatever school you choose. They provide good advice regarding your interests and tell you about the correct subject choice.

Reaction score
But IBCC will not give me equivalence in pre engineering idpf I drop chemistry and will place me in general science group which almost no university requires

Reaction score
But IBCC will not give me equivalence in pre engineering idpf I drop chemistry and will place me in general science group which almost no university requires

Oh sorry, you can only drop Chemistry if you want to go abroad to study Computer Science. If you want to stay in Pakistan then you MUST take Chemistry and if you feel that you are going to divert from your interest (which is unlikely) then you can take it as an extra subject (that depends on your capability) and the extra subject in most of the colleges mentioned above has tuition fee of around 5000-7000. You can also do a course for programming (6-8 months) if you don't want to take the extra subject.

Reaction score
If you're dead sure about Computer Engineering then you can drop Chemistry in A'levels for AICT or Computing, this will not 'distract' you from Computer Engineering. But even with Chemistry, you will have no problem in pursuing a future in Computer Engineering. However, you might want second opinions on this so, I'll tag a couple of members who can council you. Nibz, AbbbbY.

In Karachi, the schools that are affordable with scholarships include:
-Lecole.
-PAF Chapter.
-City School.
-Beaconhouse.
-Southshore.
-Avicenna.
-Foundation Public School.

All of these schools provide 100% scholarship on 8 A's (not completely sure about Southshore though).

Roots School System and The Summit school are two other A'level institutes that are slightly cheaper than those mentioned above but I don't know about their scholarship criteria..

Also, if you are still unsure, you might want to go to the career counselor in whatever school you choose. They provide good advice regarding your interests and tell you about the correct subject choice.

Anyone doing Engineering in Pakistan, be it Mechanical, Electrical, Software needs Physics, Chem and Math. You can get rid of Chem only if you intend on pursing it out of Pakistan. Also, keeping Physics Chem Math Computing isn't as tough as it sounds

Reaction score
Anyone doing Engineering in Pakistan, be it Mechanical, Electrical, Software needs Physics, Chem and Math. You can get rid of Chem only if you intend on pursing it out of Pakistan. Also, keeping Physics Chem Math Computing isn't as tough as it sounds

Yeah, I know that about Pakistani Universities. I didn't know that haz_flame wanted to apply here.
Okay.

Reaction score
Most universities require Chemistry for Engineering. Plus there is no use or opting Alevels computing as it has no credits and neither institutes requires this subject it for admission.