• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Curve for Chemistry and Physics cancelled ??

Reaction score
i was just with my chemistry teacher yesterday and he told me that he had been with examiners coming to investigate bout the exams which have been leaked and they told him that for chemistry and physics there's no curve this year , and whatever percentage we get is our grade so if we get a 60% its a C and like that ;s !!! , if one of u asks me is it true or not i'd say it is because here in kuwait we were supposed to write chemistry paper6 variant 1 but instead we wrote variant 2 at 3pm . i really dont know wats going on this year but i surely do hope the curve isnt cancelled :(

Reaction score
well chemistry and physics paper were not leaked in my country and i believe only in one or two countries the paper were leaked rest all of them attempted the paper normally ..... keeping these points in mind the examiners r not that mad that they would cancel the the curves for the whole world !!!!!!!!!!!

so just relax and pay attention to the upcoming papers 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Reaction score
brainiac said:
well chemistry and physics paper were not leaked in my country and i believe only in one or two countries the paper were leaked rest all of them attempted the paper normally ..... keeping these points in mind the examiners r not that mad that they would cancel the the curves for the whole world !!!!!!!!!!!

so just relax and pay attention to the upcoming papers 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Dude did u forget how fast information travels on the internet? :p Even if there is like 0.1% chance that a candidate or a group of candidates take hold of this paper overseas and CIE gets wind of it...Do u think CIE will only take action against the origin of this conspiracy and let that group end up with A*s without opening a book? :evil:

Reaction score
ChantooPantoo said:
brainiac said:

Dude did u forget how fast information travels on the internet? :p Even if there is like 0.1% chance that a candidate or a group of candidates take hold of this paper overseas and CIE gets wind of it...Do u think CIE will only take action against the origin of this conspiracy and let that group end up with A*s without opening a book? :evil:

people with the exam wont share the info coz they dont want other to get better (every person is like this)
but some people share them but definitely not on the net

Reaction score
I dont think the curve will be cancelled cuz there are some students other than you who were doing variant 1 and i think it would be very difficult for them to get 90% above (A*) in physics and chemistry :p

Reaction score
No way, either you misheard your teacher, or hes high.
Curves never get canceled.
If like you said, the exams got leaked, they would cancel the whole session not just the curve ;p.

Reaction score
JustAnotherPerson22 said:
No way, either you misheard your teacher, or hes high.
Curves never get canceled.
If like you said, the exams got leaked, they would cancel the whole session not just the curve ;p.

whole session mean whole world's exam !! :D

Reaction score
so is it possible i mean, the curve getting cancelled et all?????
has it eva happnd be4???

Reaction score
haochen said:
ChantooPantoo said:
brainiac said:

people with the exam wont share the info coz they dont want other to get better (every person is like this)
but some people share them but definitely not on the net
As you said, some people will share them.And why not on the net? Ofcourse I didn't mean they would post it on blogs and forums...There are instant messengers that are accessible to everyone :p

Reaction score
CIE has to make sure getting each grade has the same amount of difficulty each year. Removing the curve means this is not possible, therefore the curve will never be removed.