• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Difference b/w GCE's Chemistry 5070/11 and 5070/12 or of any other subject..

Reaction score
To make question as easy as possible to understand, i considered chemistry as an example. Even in Chemistry's paper II, there is one with /21 and another with /22. How are they different? If the difference is with syllabus then plz let me know which syllabus is followed in Karachi (Pakistan)..

Thanks in advance..

Reaction score
dude they are divided in zones, 21 means that its paper 2 and zone 1 and 22 means that its paper 2 and zone 2. There is no difference in the syllabus its just that cie has divided the world in zones which get different questions out of the same syllabus. That is because of the time difference and people would not tell others who have time in their paper what the question was. Confusing this is I know Im not a good explainer hope you get it :p

Reaction score
Thanks. And ur explanation is quite clear, nothing seems confusing. Just wanted to ask further if Pakistan (Khi) is in zone 1 or in zone 2.

Reaction score
Thanks. And ur explanation is quite clear, nothing seems confusing. Just wanted to ask further if Pakistan (Khi) is in zone 1 or in zone 2.

According to the CIE official website, Pakistan (Karachi) is in ZONE 4.

How the heck does that fit in? I have the same question as I am going to give Literature in English. Paper 11 and paper 12 D:
I can't find the difference!

Reaction score
i gue
According to the CIE official website, Pakistan (Karachi) is in ZONE 4.

How the heck does that fit in? I have the same question as I am going to give Literature in English. Paper 11 and paper 12 D:
I can't find the difference![/quote
i guess for pak it is 12 and 22 for all sunbjects.

Reaction score
it is not zones at all ! they just made different papers or may be slightly different so that no information is leaked :)
actually what used to happen is that people from other states would disclose the papers to the students who had not yet given the exam ! this thing ensures that there is no cheating :)

@zohra`xo you can do any varient since it will all mean more practise :) varients change from time to time depending on the number of students applying so need not worry ! your paper will be slightly different but from the same syllabus ! when i gave my AS my all varients were 1 but in winter my A2 varient was 2 ! hope this helps :)
also in some varients they simple change the sequence of the questions :)

Reaction score
Yeah I'm also stuck on this, can anyone help? I mean in all subjects there are 11 and 12.. I have mocks and they're gna come from yearly papers, so how do I know which to do, 11 or 12? Also in Pakistan, Faisalabad.

Reaction score
it is not zones at all ! they just made different papers or may be slightly different so that no information is leaked :)
actually what used to happen is that people from other states would disclose the papers to the students who had not yet given the exam ! this thing ensures that there is no cheating :)

@zohra`xo you can do any varient since it will all mean more practise :) varients change from time to time depending on the number of students applying so need not worry ! your paper will be slightly different but from the same syllabus ! when i gave my AS my all varients were 1 but in winter my A2 varient was 2 ! hope this helps :)
also in some varients they simple change the sequence.... That can't be the justified.....reason people can contact any zone get to know the questions and can get A* hahahahahahah