• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion for physics P12

Reaction score
Hey man I did paper 12 too!
here is what i wrote.
I wrote C (discharge and charge) for that question
For the circuit question it was A. they were all ammeters because they were all connected in series
I wrote the nucleon number as P because it said it was a nuclide
The density of the liquid was A, 0.875 because 8 cm^3 water evaporated and there was a difference of 7 grams on the scale so density=Mass/Volume
I wrote Infrared>Visible light> UV for the frequency
The answer for that one is radio waves for the satellite.
Hope I helped. I'm positive all these answers are correct. Hope we both do well :)

thanks!!

Reaction score
Sorry about that it seems microwaves is the correct answer. Guess I lose 1 mark:(
Anyway the weighing scale is 500N because the force on the weighing scale remains the same. Try this out yourself on a real weighing scale. This might have confused you because of the link between Pressure, force and area. On one foot the pressure increases because there is more force on a smaller area but the weight and mass remains the same.

Reaction score
But the question stated that "it was falling through air".. that means as the speed increases the air resistance also increases so the lower point will be having lower speed..i think the answer should be A

Reaction score
Sorry about that it seems microwaves is the correct answer. Guess I lose 1 mark:(
Anyway the weighing scale is 500N because the force on the weighing scale remains the same. Try this out yourself on a real weighing scale. This might have confused you because of the link between Pressure, force and area. On one foot the pressure increases because there is more force on a smaller area but the weight and mass remains the same.

guyess i've lost 4 marks already :'(.... thanks anyways!

Reaction score
But the question stated that "it was falling through air".. that means as the speed increases the air resistance also increases so the lower point will be having lower speed..i think the answer should be A

tell me this.....when something is accelerating, what is the resultant for it?? its in teh direction it's accelerating towards right?? therefore....even when air resistance is affecting the ball, the ball will keep accelerating and therefore....at the last points....it is at its highest speed with least time taken!

Reaction score
I agree with you..the ball is accelerating but the initial acceleration is greater due to lower air resistance.

Reaction score

I wrote radio waves as well. Here's what i found out. Satellites use a wide variety of waves including radio and micro. Since microwaves operate at a higher frequency, they can carry a larger bandwidth.

Reaction score
I wrote radio waves as well. Here's what i found out. Satellites use a wide variety of waves including radio and micro. Since microwaves operate at a higher frequency, they can carry a larger bandwidth.

Well mr scientist....u have just saved me from a heart attack! :p

Thanks and good job (Y)

Reaction score
oh guyz, wat dya think was the asnwr to the ques wich asked somethin bout th highest temp change( 4 blocks were givn)
wat was the ans,i put the smallest box,wbu guyz?