• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion of Chemistry Paper 41 12th May 2014

What do you expect to be the GT for Chemistry Paper 41

• Total voters
Reaction score
The paper was hard so I really hope the GT is low.

In the second question I gave the wrong isomer for the platinum compound but gave the right type of isomerism.
The organic chemistry one (i think it was the fourth one) with the pH thing I kinda ruined. But the one in which we had to give 2 structures of the organic compounds was pretty easy and I'm pretty sure I got it right.
In Section B I pretty much guessed the last page but the rest was incredibly easy.

However, I know I've made silly mistakes so expecting around 65-70.

Reaction score

In the second question I gave the wrong isomer for the platinum compound but gave the right type of isomerism.
The organic chemistry one (i think it was the fourth one) with the pH thing I kinda ruined. But the one in which we had to give 2 structures of the organic compounds was pretty easy and I'm pretty sure I got it right.
In Section B I pretty much guessed the last page but the rest was incredibly easy.

the isomer for platinum is actually included in the syllabus for 2016 ,cie cheated with us.Yeah the gt would be arnd 50-60

Reaction score

What pH organic chemistry thing?, you mean the NH2 question?