• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Distinction in AS exams?

Reaction score
Ok, well the title says it all? Alright, not completely, but the question is

'Is it possible to get a distinction if you appear for AS exams?'

For example, a person A appears for Bio (AS only) in May/June. His paper goes amazing and he gets the highest in his country (he is the only one) (i know marks are not given. Its just a scenario).

A person B appears for (A Levels complete) in Oct/Nov. His paper too goes amazing and he gets the highest in his country (he is the only one).

Now can person A get a distinction (He gave AS only)? Or only person B can get a distinction? Can both of them get it?

Reaction score
Ok, well the title says it all? Alright, not completely, but the question is

'Is it possible to get a distinction if you appear for AS exams?'

For example, a person A appears for Bio (AS only) in May/June. His paper goes amazing and he gets the highest in his country (he is the only one) (i know marks are not given. Its just a scenario).

A person B appears for (A Levels complete) in Oct/Nov. His paper too goes amazing and he gets the highest in his country (he is the only one).

Now can person A get a distinction (He gave AS only)? Or only person B can get a distinction? Can both of them get it?

lol obviously both person A and B can and will get distinctions :D There are AS distinction holders.

Reaction score
From what i've heard,there's no distinction,but there is a list called best across 4 a levels or something.My senior once got into that list,and told me theres no distinction.
Alright, so one person says her sister got a distinction in AS and another says his senior told him that there are no distinctions.
:confused:

Reaction score
Alright, so one person says her sister got a distinction in AS and another says his senior told him that there are no distinctions.
:confused:

I'm not lying LOL. And also, another guy from my school got a distinction 2 years back in his AS level too.
So, yes. You CAN get distinctions.

Reaction score
From what i've heard,there's no distinction,but there is a list called best across 4 a levels or something.My senior once got into that list,and told me theres no distinction.

The best across thing is also a kind of distinction you know xD You don't only have a distinction in specific subjects. You can get a distinction overall in all subjects :p

Reaction score
There are distinctions for AS Level but only in subjects which are AS level only.

The subjects are: General Paper, English Language, Urdu Language. [Maybe some more]

Also, one can get Best Across 4 or 5 Cambridge AS-Levels.
But there is no Top in the world/Top in Country in AS-Level Biology, or AS-Level Physics.

There are Distinctions for complete A-level, like Top in the world in A-level Biology.

Those who give it in components, there AS level scores are added to the A2 marks to calculate their overall marks. And on the basis of that, they are awarded distinctions, the next year.

Reaction score
There are distinctions for AS Level but only in subjects which are AS level only.

The subjects are: General Paper, English Language, Urdu Language. [Maybe some more]

Also, one can get Best Across 4 or 5 Cambridge AS-Levels.
But there is no Top in the world/Top in Country in AS-Level Biology, or AS-Level Physics.

There are Distinctions for complete A-level, like Top in the world in A-level Biology.

Those who give it in components, there AS level scores are added to the A2 marks to calculate their overall marks. And on the basis of that, they are awarded distinctions, the next year.
Actually there are Top in World/Country distinctions in AS for the A' Level subjects too. Like AS Maths does have distinctions.