• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

DO I NEEDTO GIVE SAT?? URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!
I will be applying for medical university in Pakistan after my A level exams in 2012 InshAllah..I want to know do i have o give SAT...and when and how to give and study for it??

plz help ....cuz i have no idea about SAT exams!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
but i heard that even some universities in pak require it...what abt other countries..

Reaction score
First of all no MEDICAL university in the world require you to give the SAT exam. Not SAT 1 atleast. But you may need to give SAT 2 if you are a foreign applicant in pakistan. Otherwise, there is the MCAT for government institutions and universities own tests for private ones. SAT is only for admission into USA and not even for medical universities of USA. For UK you have to give either the UKCAT or the BMAT for admission into UK's medical universities.
Btw SAT1 is an aptitude checking test. That checks your english writing skill along with verbal reasoning. There is also a maths section in the SAT1 exam. SAT2 is a subject test. You can choose 2 or 3 subjects from a list of subjects and then give an MCQ pattern test. For medicine you may give Biology, Physics and Chemistry. But SAT is not compulsory for medical universities. MCAT is.

Hope this helped :)

Reaction score
Na, still not. SAT2 is needed for only foreign applicants and not for us.

Reaction score
for qualifying above 900 u should give sat 1 cuz it will ipmrove ur english section. some of my classmates gave sat 1 during their A2 and scored above 900 while those who didnt give sat1 scored in 800's cuz they werent able to attempt english section as good as those who appeared in sat 1 exam. you may give sat exam in october or november. a month would be sufficient. my friend gave sat 1 in nov and prepared in 3-4 weeks and scored 1910.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!
I am in A1...so when do u think shud i appear for sat 1 ?? And how to prepare for it??

Reaction score
May or June. It may be difficult because it is clashing with your As. But still, your first try should've been in January. Now that you've missed it, better give it in May or June. And then you can appear for SAT2 in October or November. You better start preparing from now. Get the word smart book. And start learning the words on a daily basis. Practice SAT papers, as many as you can. And if you want to you may join preparatory classes. They are a good reinforcement for you. Be regular and you will be good enough in three months.
Hope this helped.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well..i'm not giving my exams this year :!:
i'll be giving them together InshaAllah in the next may june..

btw which book??

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
You must have a Sophisticated and Excellent vocabulary for SAT ! So start working on it now.
Books are many !!
"Word Smart" as mentioned by hamidali391 for voacbulary..
Other SAT Guides...like Official SAT study guide..
Practice Practice and Practice past sat papers.. as it makes perfect!
Get more info. regarding SAT from here: http://sat.collegeboard.com/home

Reaction score
Yes, go for the official SAT study guide's latest edition. Go and register on this collegeboard website. They will guide you with the examination dates and stuff. So register asap on this website.
Past papers are key to success in any examination.