• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do you think I need to retake any tests with these grades?

Reaction score
Well, I took GP 8004 and Biology, both in which I got B's. I'm just wondering if I should retake them aiming for A. Specially GP, since I don't care much for Biology as I don't see it in my future and I'm unsure if a B in GP will make my college level application look good or bad. I am looking for good scholarships in the US. I did well on chemistry, physics and mathematics with A's in all subjects. I know Biology will ultimately affect my GPA, so should I drop it?
PLEASE ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTIONS
And how was yours?

Reaction score
Well, I took GP 8004 and Biology, both in which I got B's. I'm just wondering if I should retake them aiming for A. Specially GP, since I don't care much for Biology as I don't see it in my future and I'm unsure if a B in GP will make my college level application look good or bad. I am looking for good scholarships in the US. I did well on chemistry, physics and mathematics with A's in all subjects. I know Biology will ultimately affect my GPA, so should I drop it?
PLEASE ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTIONS
And how was yours?
You should be caring very little for GP really. Not that many universities bother about it, and a B is already good enough. A lot of people had terrible grades in it along with English Language so you should be happy with your current grade.

A B in Biology isn't that bad either. It won't affect your college application badly at all (a C or worse would have, but a B is alright). But if you don't want to take in A2 or feel it to be an unnecessary subject for you, just drop it. Retake it if you want to, but I don't really think you should. 3 As and 2 Bs is a fine result and you should be happy with that.

Reaction score
You should be caring very little for GP really. Not that many universities bother about it, and a B is already good enough. A lot of people had terrible grades in it along with English Language so you should be happy with your current grade.

A B in Biology isn't that bad either. It won't affect your college application badly at all (a C or worse would have, but a B is alright). But if you don't want to take in A2 or feel it to be an unnecessary subject for you, just drop it. Retake it if you want to, but I don't really think you should. 3 As and 2 Bs is a fine result and you should be happy with that.
Thanks for boosting my confidence. I'm thinking of taking Biology in A2 too and aim to upgrade my final result to an A in biology and A*s in the others. I was very unsure of GP because some of my friends who got B are retaking it. Guess I'll just be moving forward then, no looking back to AS now. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Is rechecking actually worth a shot? I mean, do the grades actually change? What are the chances? And if one is convinced that he did better than what he got, should he go for it? Also, what are the charges per subject and do they refund the fee if your grade changes?

Thank you so much!

Reaction score
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks