• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do you trust the Cambridge published Grade Thresholds?

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing them.The A* on them is so low ! I mean look ,i know i've screwed up in Physics this time around ,my syllabus code is AY 42 .My worst case marks are these

P1-32
p2-40
p3-20 (don't ask)
p4-75
p5-23

According to the GT for previous years I'm getting an A or even A* !? I'm really tense about this .Can I trust the Gt?

Reaction score
Well p3 is marked out of 40 but is graded out of 30.. so that helps you I guess. yeah, I guess you can trust the published thresholds as ridiculous it sometimes seems .. seeing an a being mapped onto 60-70% every year does make me doubt it to.. but why would they send out fake schemes ?

Reaction score
Well p3 is marked out of 40 but is graded out of 30.. so that helps you I guess. yeah, I guess you can trust the published thresholds as ridiculous it sometimes seems .. seeing an a being mapped onto 60-70% every year does make me doubt it to.. but why would they send out fake schemes ?

so how do they mark paper 3?? say if you got 34/40, how many marks would that be if they grade it out of 30??

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing them.The A* on them is so low ! I mean look ,i know i've screwed up in Physics this time around ,my syllabus code is AY 42 .My worst case marks are these

P1-32
p2-40
p3-20 (don't ask)
p4-75
p5-23

According to the GT for previous years I'm getting an A or even A* !? I'm really tense about this .Can I trust the Gt?
U actually have a point! I've heard that some students send their grades for re-checking them and sometimes they get higher marks and sometimes lower. I hope that doesn't happen to me.

Reaction score
so how do they mark paper 3?? say if you got 34/40, how many marks would that be if they grade it out of 30??
It would be either 25 or 26. I am certain thats the way they grade it though.. im just not sure if in the case where you get a decimal they round up or down