• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Does your school have 2 year AS maths? Should i take it?

Reaction score

I'm taking AS maths over a two year period which means i won't have to do A levels. It just means i won't have to work as hard as those doing AS in one year who have to sit both papers in one year. The University I'm going to has an IGCSE maths entrance so that's not my problem. I'm just wondering if other countries do this too and it's not just my school. Do you think i should be doing one year AS and if i fail i can just repeat it again? ( I got 80 in IGCSE but i know AS is a huge step up!!) I plan on doing Commerce (accounting and economics) in uni which does not require brainy A level maths :)

Reaction score
If you have had Add. Maths, then I think you can easily do AS level Math in a single year, it's pretty simple and a lot easier. If you haven't had Add Maths, then still, it's not that hard. If you don't want to give A level Math, then definitely give your AS paper after one year.

Reaction score
It's absurd to do A'level Maths in 2 years. It will just waste time that you can use to prepare for other subjects at the end. Clear it up in one year and you'll be free of it. AS level is not that tough, but you'll require some extra work in order to ensure a high grade.

Reaction score
AS Maths can easily be covered in one year. Why waste an extra year prolonging something you can achieve in one year? Do ensure that you work hard throughout though.

Reaction score
fear of failure is not good! just work hard nd remain focused. As level maths is easily manageable in 1 year. 5 year pst ppr practice with proper understanding of concepts is all what is required!