• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

DONE biology paper 6

How was biology paper 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
amazing, and will get an A* :p
and honestly it was easy, so you didn't study well enough. :(

Reaction score
cool,but i messed up in the last question rest was good.Lets hope for the best .

Reaction score
I found it ridiculously easy. Except for that question about the flies and setting up an investigation... I wasn't sure about it.

Reaction score
I found it ridiculously easy. Except for that question about the flies and setting up an investigation... I wasn't sure about it.
this is what i wrote:

set up the apparatus as shown in the earlier figure, and fill one with banana the other with plantain, but make sure the apparatuses are identical and the number of pieces and the sizes are equal.
place outside for a day, and then retrieve it to count the number of flies trapper inside.
the one with more flies was attracting more.

Reaction score
this is what i wrote:

set up the apparatus as shown in the earlier figure, and fill one with banana the other with plantain, but make sure the apparatuses are identical and the number of pieces and the sizes are equal.
place outside for a day, and then retrieve it to count the number of flies trapper inside.
the one with more flies was attracting more.

My answer is nearly the same, but I was worried that the flies wouldn't know which apparatus contained the banana and which contained the plaintain, so by trapping them in the flask you aren't really ensuring that they wanted to feed on the banana or the plantain, so I wrote that you should observe the average amount of flies entering each of the flasks (I took the filtering funnel out). I'm not sure though >.< You're probably right.

Reaction score
My answer is nearly the same, but I was worried that the flies wouldn't know which apparatus contained the banana and which contained the plaintain, so by trapping them in the flask you aren't really ensuring that they wanted to feed on the banana or the plantain, so I wrote that you should observe the average amount of flies entering each of the flasks (I took the filtering funnel out). I'm not sure though >.< You're probably right.
lol, you keep the funnel in cause they can't go out, only in.
and they know which is which by smell, but the main aim is to see, which they like more or which they are attracted to more.

Reaction score
lol, you keep the funnel in cause they can't go out, only in.
and they know which is which by smell, but the main aim is to see, which they like more or which they are attracted to more.

Yeah, I thought they wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two plants so I took out the funnel>.< Oh well. The rest of the exam was pretty easy, so I'm not really that worried.

Reaction score
which variant did you both attempt , cause i didn't have any flies question in my paper.