• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

drop any Doubts in IGCSE Physics, Chemistry and Biology Here

Reaction score
how can you explain this chemistry question (b)

Attachments

• Chemistry 2012 May.doc
    128 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
can someone also help explain this biology question, 2.(c)i and (c)ii

Attachments

• 0610_s12_qp_62.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Reaction score
how can you explain this chemistry question (b)
Use a full bottle to begin with.Connect the barrel of syringe and a delivery tube attached to it.Heat the bottle until no more gas is given off.Lastly, measure the volume of gas.

Reaction score
can someone also help explain this biology question, 2.(c)i and (c)ii
2ci)
So to begin with,apply the test of starch since its a type of carbohydrate.Add iodine solution and if it contains starch it will turn from brown to bluish-black.Secondly, for the other type of carbohydrate, apply the test of reducing sugar.Crush the banana and mix it with water.Add the benedict's solution and heat it up.
Lastly, to gain the other marks use the safety equipment like goggles, lab coat etc.
c1ii)Observations-presence of starch will change it to blue colour..Presence of reducing sugar-will change it to red.
Hope that helps you! :D

Reaction score
general idea? yea that i do have. what time should i give to each subject a day?
Then its more than enough...1 hr 15 mins for each subject every day would be more than enough if its for five months.But it also depends on hw much concentration you're giving and how fast you are in catching up things.So, try it for a week..If u think its less or more, you can change it according to your pace.

Reaction score
Then its more than enough...1 hr 15 mins for each subject every day would be more than enough if its for five months.But it also depends on hw much concentration you're giving and how fast you are in catching up things.So, try it for a week..If u think its less or more, you can change it according to your pace.
seriously u look like uve been studying since u were a small kid :p how do u study WITH CONCENTRATION? i dont get it wen people say that! :p

Reaction score
2ci)
So to begin with,apply the test of starch since its a type of carbohydrate.Add iodine solution and if it contains starch it will turn from brown to bluish-black.Secondly, for the other type of carbohydrate, apply the test of reducing sugar.Crush the banana and mix it with water.Add the benedict's solution and heat it up.
Lastly, to gain the other marks use the safety equipment like goggles, lab coat etc.
c1ii)Observations-presence of starch will change it to blue colour..Presence of reducing sugar-will change it to red.

now for reducing sugars, of-course your supposed to mix it with water but are you also supposed to mention the amount that you are going to put in the test tube which normally between 1-2cm^3.
Yeah, it's helping, thanks for both questions(y)

Reaction score
2ci)
by the way, in biology ATP when you are told to plot a graph of best fit, are you supposed to always draw a curve of best fit or you can also plot a straight line of best fit cause these things are confusing at times.

Reaction score
now for reducing sugars, of-course your supposed to mix it with water but are you also supposed to mention the amount that you are going to put in the test tube which normally between 1-2cm^3.
Yeah, it's helping, thanks for both questions(y)
As far as I know, mentioning that isn't necessary.

Reaction score
by the way, in biology ATP when you are told to plot a graph of best fit, are you supposed to always draw a curve of best fit or you can also plot a straight line of best fit cause these things are confusing at times.
I was confused about the same thing...I heard that you're just supposed to join the points...best fit is supposed to be done when the instructions ask you to...I'm not sure either...If u get to know a reliable answer to the question for both, bio and chem graphs atp.let me know as well.Thanks

Reaction score
hey guys.... i am having a problem in igcse chemistry paper 3 of june 2003 .....can anybody solve question 2 part c? any help would be appreciated .....