• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

~Du'aa Al-Istikhara

Reaction score
بِسْمِ الله الرَّحْمَانِ الرَحِيمِ
Assalamu 'Alaykum wa Ra7matullahi wa Barakatuhoo :)
Many of us have just given our exams and are fighting with decisions..which university to apply in? What to do? Where to go? So I decided to share with you a Du'aa (prayer) which, I'm sure, everyone already knows of.. and from experience..i guarantee that seeking Allah's Counsel will not leave you to regret your decision inshAllah..
Jabir ibn Abdullah (R) said:
The Prophet (PBUH) used to teach us to seek Allah's Counsel in all matters, as he used to teach us a Surah from the Qur'an. He would say:
"When any one of you has an important matter to decide, let him pray two Rak'ahs other than the obligatory prayer and then say:
اللّهمَّ إنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ، و أَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ، و أَسْألُكَ من فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِمِ، فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ و لا أَقْدِرُ، و تَعْلَمُ، و لا أَعْلَمُ، و أَنتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ، اللهمَّ إنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أنَّ هذا الأمْرَ *** خَيْرٌ لي في دِينِي و مَعَاشِي و عَاقِبَةِ أمْرِي -أَوْ قال: عَاجِلِهِ و آجِلِهِ- فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي و يَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ، و إنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأمْرَ شَرٌّ لي في دِينِي و مَعَلشِي و عَاقِبَةِ أمْرِي -أو قال: عَاجِلِهِ و آجِلِهِ- فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي و صْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ و اقْدُرْ لِي الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كانَ ثُمَّ أَرْضِنِي بِهِ
Allahumma innee astakheeruka bi'ilmika, wa 'Astaqdiruka biqudratika, wa 'as'aluka biminn fadhlika al-'Adheem, fa'ennaka taqdiru wa la 'aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wa la a'lamu, wa anta 'allaamul-ghoyoobi, Allahumma en kunta ta'lamu inna hadha al-'amra [*** then mention what you want to say ] khairun lee fee deeni wa ma'ashi wa 'aaqibati amri ( or say 'Aagilihi wa Aajilihi ) faqdur hu lee, wa yassir hu lee, thumma barik lee feeh, wa inn kunta ta'lamu anna hadha al-amra, sharrun le fee deeni wa ma'ashi wa 'aaqibati 'amri (or say 'Aagilihi wa Aajilihi) fasrifhu 'anni wa-srifni 'anhu waqdur lee al-khaira haithu ardhini bihi.
O Allah, I seek the counsel of Your Knowledge, and I seek help of Your Omnipotence, and I beseech You for Your Magnificent Grace. Surely, You are Able and I am not. You Know and I know not,and You Are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You Know that this matter (***then you mention your decision) is good for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come- or say: in this life and in the afterlife- then ordain it for me and make it easy for me, then bless me in it. And if You Know that this matter is bad for me in my religion and in my life and for the welfare in the life to come-or say: in this life and the afterlife- then distance it from me and distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it may be, and help me to be content with it.
[Al-Bukhari 7/162]

Reaction score
jazakillahu khair sister :D may Allah Bless you, Give you the best here and the Best there, n save us all 4m d Fire n His disappointment...:(

Wa iyyakum...aameen..and may He Reward you for every single Du'aa you utter for anyone in this world:)