• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Easiest P3 Topics to self-teach in a day?

Reaction score
hey guys. i've got my p3 exam next week and I know nothing, absolutely zip. I just need around 10-15 marks in order to guarantee my 'C' in A-Level Maths. Is it possible to self-teach any P3 subjects in a few hours or less? Understand all the questions they can bring? I need a topic they bring every year and in which I can pick up easy marks in.

And please, no judgements, all I require is a bit of help here. Thank you.

Reaction score
Modulus functions, partial fractions, binomial expansion and iteration. Polynomials are also simple but require a little more practice. Trapezium rule is another simple topic but its questions are less frequent than others mentioned.

Reaction score
^All what he said are pretty simple and I did them in a day too.
Make sure you cover all topics of them in order to handle any question.

Reaction score
Whatever was mentioned above, is literally necessary.
You usually get a 9 - 10 mark question with two parts - partically fractionize this and then binomially expand it. SOMETIMES HOWEVER - they do ask for you to integrate it and show a specific result. Practice those questions a bit too - they are fairly easy.
Itteration is a must - now-a-days we are getting diagrams with the first part (2-3 marks) telling us to prove a specific equation / justification. Then just know how to itterate and you get that question done.
Modulus is usually the first question of the paper, and if not that - then usually a logarithmic equation which you turn into a quadratic. Just know both of those and you are done.
DON"T TOUCH VECTORS OR COMPLEX. They are the two hardest chapters IMO and they aren't easy. I still know everything except Vectors...