• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

economics 12 discussion

Reaction score
what did u guys answer for the question regarding why the government imposes customs laws to restrict free trade?

Reaction score
yellitgirl said:
i dun remember i guess i did "to improve the balance of trade"
Nope its for sure wrong
It reduces budget surplus

This was a tricky question

Reaction score
Keeemoman said:
yellitgirl said:
i dun remember i guess i did "to improve the balance of trade"
Nope its for sure wrong
It reduces budget surplus

This was a tricky question
the answer u are giving was not even an option for the question which superrocker asked. this option u are giving was for this question:
Why did argentina impose taxes on exports of soya bean and something else.
and for even this argentina question, the answer wasnt "It reduces budget surplus" (though it was an option)
:)

Reaction score
1)to improve balanc of trade, 2)to reduce production of domestic goods or something like dat, 3)to stop production of strategic goods. 4th one dun rmember,
the answer ws the frst one (btw dese r not in the order that they appeared in the exam)

Reaction score
what did u chhose for the question that a person wants to buy shares in a company that gives long term profit but least hsort term loss risk...? coffe company fashion house high tech elecronics company or supermarket chain?

Reaction score
Supah !!!

djdead1 said:
what did u chhose for the question that a person wants to buy shares in a company that gives long term profit but least hsort term loss risk...? coffe company fashion house high tech elecronics company or supermarket chain?

I chose supermarket chain.

Reaction score
Re: Supah !!!

Aahmsil said:
djdead1 said:

I chose supermarket chain.

lol y?

Reaction score
Because it would allow a long-term profit to be made without any risk of short-term losses like the question said ^^

Reaction score
Yeah, I chose the super market chain too. Cause, if you think about it..

The fashion house, trends change, meaning it may be a while before a dividend is received. Also, if it was the electrical company, it is the same factor.. And a coffee growing company, if there is a bad season, losses could be made. A supermarket is essential, and thus provides long term profit, with the smallest risk of loss.

Reaction score
xIshtar said:

The fashion house, trends change, meaning it may be a while before a dividend is received. Also, if it was the electrical company, it is the same factor.. And a coffee growing company, if there is a bad season, losses could be made. A supermarket is essential, and thus provides long term profit, with the smallest risk of loss.

and what did u choose for the question that asked if u increase the output what would hapen to AFC?

Reaction score
djdead1 said:
xIshtar said:

and what did u choose for the question that asked if u increase the output what would hapen to AFC?

It would decrease continually, as the scale of production remains constant as it is in the short run.

And AFC = TFC/Output.

Reaction score
i chose supermarket chain and my teacher was like thats most probably the right answer :D