• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics doubt. Please help.

Reaction score
June 2008 Paper 3 Q16
Why is A the answer?
A supermarket wishes to recruit a qualified manager for a senior position to control the stocks of
goods. Some work will be required at night as the supermarket is open 24 hours. A good salary is
being offered.

Which applicant would be most likely to be suitable for the position?
A a person currently employed as a supervisor in another supermarket
B a person who has experience of managing a small newsagents
C a person who has to travel a long way and has demanding family commitments
D a person who has recently graduated in Economics

Reaction score
June 2008 Paper 3 Q16
Why is A the answer?
A supermarket wishes to recruit a qualified manager for a senior position to control the stocks of
goods. Some work will be required at night as the supermarket is open 24 hours. A good salary is
being offered.

Which applicant would be most likely to be suitable for the position?
A a person currently employed as a supervisor in another supermarket
B a person who has experience of managing a small newsagents
C a person who has to travel a long way and has demanding family commitments
D a person who has recently graduated in Economics

It can't be B because the question is about stock controlling..It doesn't have anything to do with newsagent
It can't be C because as it is a 24 hours service.. if there will be family commitments for manger.. he wouldn't be able to give his time at night, and will have to spend that time with his family.
It can't be D, obviously because a recently graduated person doesn't have any experience in stock controlling.. he is totally RAW or fresh in this field.

So the Answer is A because, a supervisor already knows the pros and cons of this job.. and is eligible.

Reaction score
It can't be B because the question is about stock controlling..It doesn't have anything to do with newsagent
It can't be C because as it is a 24 hours service.. if there will be family commitments for manger.. he wouldn't be able to give his time at night, and will have to spend that time with his family.
It can't be D, obviously because a recently graduated person doesn't have any experience in stock controlling.. he is totally RAW or fresh in this field.

So the Answer is A because, a supervisor already knows the pros and cons of this job.. and is eligible.
But the guy in A is already working in a supermarket.. How can they employ him in a 24 hours job if he is working in another supermarket?

Reaction score
But the guy in A is already working in a supermarket.. How can they employ him in a 24 hours job if he is working in another supermarket?

They didn't employ him, neither did the supervisor apply for this job.. they are only asking you about the choice.. Let's forget about MCQ for a second.. think of this:

A company was in need of an employee, and it advertised for the vacancy with full description just like in the question..

4 people people in mentioned in choice applied for the job.. even the supervisor who already has a job.. was willing to switch because the pay on his first job was not good.

Now think as an employer, which applicant will you choose from 4 of these?

Reaction score
pleasure! btw could you tell me what to use? pen or pencil?

I mean i know for shading or choosing we will need to use pencil..but what about writing name and centre number?
It will be printed on your answer sheet..you just need to sign and fill out your candidate number and you should use only a pencil. You will probably need help with filling in your candidate number so don't feel reluctant to ask the invigilator for help cause its kinda confusing :D Also check if you are using an HB or B pencil cause it is mentioned on the answer sheet. I used an H mechanical pencil and hope it still is accepted. Good luck :D

Reaction score
It will be printed on your answer sheet..you just need to sign and fill out your candidate number and you should use only a pencil. You will probably need help with filling in your candidate number so don't feel reluctant to ask the invigilator for help cause its kinda confusing :D Also check if you are using an HB or B pencil cause it is mentioned on the answer sheet. I used an H mechanical pencil and hope it still is accepted. Good luck :D

ok thanks :) good luck to you too

Reaction score
I do... hope they are helpful to you..

can you explain me this MCQ?

An economy has one bank and no government controls. a 20 % cash to total deposits ratio is adequate to meet the normal demands of custormers.
How much additional credit could finally be created if $1000 in cash is deposited in the bank.

A) $800
B) $1000
C) $1200
D) $4000

the answer is D

Attachments

• Revisionbook for Eco.pdf
    613.4 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score

An economy has one bank and no government controls. a 20 % cash to total deposits ratio is adequate to meet the normal demands of custormers.
How much additional credit could finally be created if $1000 in cash is deposited in the bank.

A) $800
B) $1000
C) $1200
D) $4000

the answer is D
Where on earth did you get this question? XD

Reaction score

A) $800
B) $1000
C) $1200
D) $4000

the answer is D

Hahahah damn 1991!!
this is the solution:

Alright so the ratio is =

Cash : Totals
20 : 100

If cash = 1000
then,

1000 : x

1000 divided by 20 = 50
50 multiplied by 100 = 5000

Now the question asks 'additional credit' so it is =
5000 - 1000 = 4000 = D

Btw i just thought logically.. ive never seen a q like that so...

Reaction score
Hahahah damn 1991!!
this is the solution:

Alright so the ratio is =

Cash : Totals

If cash = 1000
then,

1000 : x

1000 divided by 20 = 50
50 multiplied by 100 = 5000

Now the question asks 'additional credit' so it is =
5000 - 1000 = 4000 = D

Btw i just thought logically.. ive never seen a q like that so...

bravo! thanks :)

Reaction score
Why is the answer D? why will external economies of scale reduce? There are less competitors and risks of beating it out of business is reduced. Their confidence could increase or decrease cause but why does economies of scale decrease?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 16