• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECONOMICS GEEKS LISTN UP !

Reaction score
Okay I have this really lame question. Our teacher made us do Theory of distribution....like all about the labor market and wage differentials and monopsony and all....and Ive gone thru the syllabus atleast 5 times, if not more. And I cannot seem to find ANY part that asls for this . :unknown:

So, here's the question. Is this or is this noot, in the syllabus for 2011 ?

Reaction score
It helps a lot if you know about this topics... and its up to you whether you will use them in your answers or not. But I am not sure whether they are included in syllabus or not.

Reaction score
it is a part...cant say if its directly mentioned or not. but can say that the theory of distribution deals with the factors of production getting rewards for renting out their services:
Land - rent
Labor - wages
Capital - interest
Enterprise - interest earnings profits etc etc

and this is what helps us understand how factor markets function, as in what motivates the factors to rent out services, and its understanding is made easier by splitting the rewards into to factions - economic rent and transfer earnings.

the earnings part is in the syllabus, and hence i believe this topic was taught to u so that u could understand better and if u mention it u'll definitely score better for knowledge and understanding
pleasantry.gif

Reaction score
hey,

Definately it is part of the syllabus whether it is mentioned or not. Monopsony tells about the imperfections that may occur in the labour markets and such questions can come in case study or can be asked about in the questions in section B.

It is highly recommended that you should go through this Labour market topic; they can come this year!