• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics or Business or Accounting?

Reaction score
Hey,
I want to take one extra IGCSE subject so I'm rlly confused here between these....I don't hv any idea about any of them so plz what do u suggest me to take and plz tell me which is easiest and which is hardest?

Reaction score
same question and iwonder if these subjects needs good english knowledge and excellent writing skills

Reaction score
Business is the hardest one (in my opinion) espically that it requires an awefull lot of thinking during the exam and time is also a problem during the exam. Econmics requires less thimking during the exam but you will have to know a lot of things. Accounting is probably the easiest one of them (personally I dont do accounting) as many people in my school did accounting last year and got good grades. Writing skills is very important in Economics and Business. Anyway the best thing to do is to ask your teachers and people in school who did bus,eco or acc and check the syllabus of each of these subjects by yourself. Good luck with your choice.

Reaction score
I hope that I'm not too late in answering this.
Accounting is "easy". You just need need a clear head and good maths in order to prevent confusion while solving. The nice thing about accounting is that once you learn a topic, you most likely will not forget it because you will continue using it throughout the coming chapters. If your English is not very good, you won't have trouble with this subject unlike with economics and business. You will ace this subject if you practice a lot of past papers.

I haven't taken economics, but what I have heard about it is that the material is kind of huge. Some people say that it is business' equal.

Business studies is a piece of cake, in my opinion. You will need good English for this one, and the material is not huge although it still requires a lot of memorization. I feel like it doesn't need as much practice as accounting does, but you still need to learn how to relate your knowledge to case studies and analyse case studies.

Reaction score
I can just say that economics is a bit easy for those who can memorise a lot of stuff, as that's what's exactly needed. The syllabus is vast and all sections are examined, so nothing can be left out. Yes, one needs to practice writing long theory answers from past papers. Otherwise its a good option and an intersting subject. And for especially those who dont like science, mostly they will like economics.