• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECONOMICS P1

Reaction score
NOV 2010 P12 Q8

CUD SUMBUDY PLZ EXPLAIN TO ME DAT.....I KNO DIS IS KINDA LAME BUT SUCH QUESTIONS ALWAYS CNFUSE ME :s

Reaction score
the demand curve question right?
eliminating options:

A -- demand is price inelastic when the price of goods is low-- think about a match box and a laptop
B -- will only occur if the demand is price elastic
C-- The slope of a straight-line demand curve, one with a constant slope, has constantly changing elasticity. It includes all five elasticity alternatives--perfectly elastic, relatively elastic, unit elastic, relatively inelastic, and perfectly inelastic in order. No two points on a straight-line demand curve have the same elasticity.
D -- naa due to above reason

ans C

Reaction score
Xenon said:
the demand curve question right?
eliminating options:

A -- demand is price inelastic when the price of goods is low-- think about a match box and a laptop
B -- will only occur if the demand is price elastic
C-- The slope of a straight-line demand curve, one with a constant slope, has constantly changing elasticity. It includes all five elasticity alternatives--perfectly elastic, relatively elastic, unit elastic, relatively inelastic, and perfectly inelastic in order. No two points on a straight-line demand curve have the same elasticity.
D -- naa due to above reason

ans C

AWW MAN THNKS ALOT REALY HELPED !

Reaction score
I SUK SO BAD AT CPE QUESTIONS...I THOT THE ANSWER TO THIS WAS B....BUH ITS C.... :S WILL HAV 2 READ THRU DIS TOPIC IN MY NOTES THEN TAKLE SUCH QUESTIONS...

Reaction score
Reaction score
Seriously! Shoot, what do i do now :[ exam starts in 8hours!

btw, it says CHANGE, will that neccessarily be an INCREASE?

Reaction score
Xenon said:
memyself said:

well the table shows that there has been an increase in price of few goods and all are greater than the CPI. The CPI is a measure of the average change in prices thus the CPI being less at 2.5% means that the rise in price of other goods (except the ones in table) are lower than 2.5%.

B is a real confusing option...:/

XACTLY...AT FRST GUESSES U MYT ALMOST TOTALLY B CONVINCED IT IS DA ANSWER... :/ WE GOTA MEMORIZE SUCH QUESTIONS TO AVOID FALLIN IN2 TRAPS... :/

Reaction score
memyself said:

I THINK WHAT U SHUD DO IS REVISE UR MISTAKES
THE BEST PART ABOUT P1 IS DAT DERE CAN ONLY B SO MANY QUESTIONS! QUESTIONS R BOUND TO REPEAT, OR APPEAR IN SOMEWHAT SIMILAR WAYS TO THE PREVIOUS ONES...SO MAKE SURE U KNO EXACTLY WHERE U GO WRONG AND LOOK OUT FOR ALL THAT....N GET SOME SPLEEP :p

Reaction score
A change can be both increase or decrease..

be sure that A and D are out... while C is correct, I don't see much wrong with B either... ahh its just one of the bad mcqs that is hard to make sense

Reaction score
Xenon said:
A change can be both increase or decrease..

be sure that A and D are out... while C is correct, I don't see much wrong with B either... ahh its just one of the bad mcqs that is hard to make sense

LOL YEA..... UAHV UR PAPER 2MORO?

Reaction score
djdead1 said:
memyself said:

THE BEST PART ABOUT P1 IS DAT DERE CAN ONLY B SO MANY QUESTIONS! QUESTIONS R BOUND TO REPEAT, OR APPEAR IN SOMEWHAT SIMILAR WAYS TO THE PREVIOUS ONES...SO MAKE SURE U KNO EXACTLY WHERE U GO WRONG AND LOOK OUT FOR ALL THAT....N GET SOME SPLEEP :p

Lol, yeap done that. You're right i better get some sleep now, otherwise i'm going to mess up the ones i already know, as well |:

Good Luck, you two! Have a good night, and thanks. :]

Reaction score
@ahsan99

Q13; since its an agriculture market, u're assuming that supply fluctuates. so after govt imposes that min price supply has increased to form the equilbrium at the price marked (horizontal btween y & z). and therefore the area within is your ans!

Reaction score
memyself said:
djdead1 said:
memyself said:

Lol, yeap done that. You're right i better get some sleep now, otherwise i'm going to mess up the ones i already know, as well |:

Good Luck, you two! Have a good night, and thanks. :]

GUNAAIITE N U 2.... URE MOST WLCUM!

Reaction score
memyself said:
@ahsan99

Q13; since its an agriculture market, u're assuming that supply fluctuates. so after govt imposes that min price supply has increased to form the equilbrium at the price marked (horizontal btween y & z). and therefore the area within is your ans!

I didnt get you supply has increased??
and second one?

Reaction score
Because they are jealous from its "revenue". :)

I have only one problem with economics , that is that cost of living -_-" in Nov2003 Paper 1 - q25 ; Can someone explain it ?