• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics paper 12 9708 discussion

Thoughts on difficulty

• Bloody living shoiiet!! It was hell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
reduction in price of minm wage means that for eg previous wage was $20 then now it will be $10 benefiting employer

Reaction score
what? really? didnt the question said that there was only a reduction in price, whereas there is a NEW maximumprice for rents, and NEW minimum wage? i dont know... the english!! raghh

Reaction score
IT WAS PROBABLY AN INCREASE IN MIN. WAGE, I answered workers,tenants,consumers.

And there was a question, the population of a country is 500 Mil, unemployment rate is 6%... 15k people are unemployed...
I answered C - 470Mil... though was confused b/w C and D(485Mil)!!

Reaction score
I answered 250!!! unemployment rate is 6% so employed is 94% I used cross multiplication to get the value of 100% (Labour Force = Unemployed + Employed)

Reaction score
And the one with Demand Pull and Cost Push inflation.... I forgot the definitions of both the types.... couldn't decided between Price of oil/Tarries. Answered Price of oil.

And the Price Mechanism question... I COULDN'T understand it!!!! :/ I don't even remember the answer choices... I think I chose the one with limited prices of goods???!

Reaction score
Ahahaha me too!! All i know is that price of oil will definitely cause cost push... Because probably transport costs are now higher, which means that price of imported raw materials will increase... (based on my understanding though!)

Oh... the price mechanism... i seriously spend a good 5-10 minutes on that question TRYING to understand it

Reaction score
MUB, that theory is kind of thinking too far right? Idk. I just think there was a misconception by him in interpreting the question... I think the question actually meant that a new price floor was set... so producers are unable to set below the equilibrium wage rate, (which is lower), benefitting the workers

Reaction score
Hope I manage to get a B in Economics with the TINY amount of study I did :D

Reaction score
You did your best in the exam. I can tell. Most of the people who didnt really study didnt make an effort to try and understand the question. Hopefully an A or lowest at B for you milady! :D Good Luck and keep believing :)

Reaction score
Bhai jaan lady nahi :D Hahahaha thanks :) Okay I'm probably going to catch some Z's now :D Hope more questions have been discussed till morning (so I remember and chip in my answers :D)

Reaction score
I went with trade union, from free member, since they didnt ask for anything other then no restrictions and common tariff

Reaction score
It was legal tender because I checked that out on google when I came back home. Paper money , also known as 'fiat' money has no intrinsic value but it used as a legal tender. Soo I'm guessing that's the right answer. As far as the 3:2 question goes, I just worked it out, and yeah you're right. I donno why I opted for that option first but then changed my answer later on.
Legal tender is banks and coins, so thats not the right answer.And its noy intrinsic value either, as thats's the value of the shit the money is made out of, so most likely their cheaper?

Reaction score
The unemployment one was meant to trick us, 15 million is 6 percent unemployment, i divided 15 by 6, so 1 percent is 2.5, multiply that by 100, you get 250.

Reaction score
Really? But the consumer surplus said that it will increase by the whole area including the triangle inside it. If you check O/N 10/Variant 1 question 11. The effect on a maximum price will only include the rectangle area not the triangle... so im not really sure I wrote a decrease in expenditure. Because since price has decreased, expenditure = price x demand. Demand stays constant because they said, given those who bought the sugar (if im not mistaken). So a decrease in price = a decrease in expenditure... Just my reasoning

Reaction score
I read it as 'the cosumer surplus increases and it was like the rectangle that it increases it by, but i could be wrong, moreover, i guess the decrease in expendicture depends if demand increased or not, indont remember the question completly though, yet demand should increase if price decreases, lastly, they didnt give us numbers on the price and quantity demanded, so how can you say that expnditure decreased fersure?