• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics paper 12 and 32

Reaction score
Please feel free to post your suggestions, doubts, or even topic discussions relating these two papers (y)

Reaction score
I would suggest doing as many papers as you can and comparing your results with those in the thresholds. For improvement, pin- point any weaknesses in your answers and revising those topics (not practical to study the whole course again...) There are specific topics from the syllabus which come in the paper 32- do those thoroughly. Have a look at what kind of answers cie expects from you in the mark schemes.

Reaction score
I would suggest doing as many papers as you can and comparing your results with those in the thresholds. For improvement, pin- point any weaknesses in your answers and revising those topics (not practical to study the whole course again...) There are specific topics from the syllabus which come in the paper 32- do those thoroughly. Have a look at what kind of answers cie expects from you in the mark schemes.
Please what topics normallz come in paper 32

Reaction score
  • Economic indicators
  • Developed and developing economies
  • International aspects
  • Demand and supply (diagrams)
there might be some basics from the other chapters e.g
  • market systems
  • types of business organisations ... mainly these topics, in my opinion.
You must understand that since it is a case study, you will be required to base your answers on what you have read from a given extract- some of the questions may be like "which country had the highest rise in GDP?" or "why is gold of great value to Ghana?" which need you to identify valid reasons from what you have read. Good luck, and make sure you remain optimistic about this ;)

Reaction score
  • Economic indicators
  • Developed and developing economies
  • International aspects
  • Demand and supply (diagrams)
there might be some basics from the other chapters e.g
  • market systems
  • types of business organisations ... mainly these topics, in my opinion.
You must understand that since it is a case study, you will be required to base your answers on what you have read from a given extract- some of the questions may be like "which country had the highest rise in GDP?" or "why is gold of great value to Ghana?" which need you to identify valid reasons from what you have read. Good luck, and make sure you remain optimistic about this ;)
u are a very good pal

Reaction score
umm yeah so actually i am pretty messed up because i am not very sure how to start preparing for paper 3 economics. having a 12 day gap was surely more than enough to prepare for it well and i actually went through the book in depth but i still don't know what all is important. plus now with just 4-5 days left i want to focus on solving the past year papers and stuff but i still don't know what to revise like noww ! and what should be my primary agenda . so just wanted to confirm what should be my pattern to study for paper 3 because i so wanna nail this paper and score full marks:confused:

Reaction score
There's no point in going through the whole course again, so the main thing we should do is papers, papers, and more papers. While doing the papers, time yourself- very important for the exam- and try to pick out where you're losing marks. Work on these things (y)

Reaction score
There's no point in going through the whole course again, so the main thing we should do is papers, papers, and more papers. While doing the papers, time yourself- very important for the exam- and try to pick out where you're losing marks. Work on these things (y)

thank you so much .:D

Reaction score
So guys, how was your 32? ( pls don't discuss any question until the 24 hour mark. Only opinions till then) I think it was sort of easier than i expected... But, let's see how it goes...

Reaction score
okaz
So guys, how was your 32? ( pls don't discuss any question until the 24 hour mark. Only opinions till then) I think it was sort of easier than i expected... But, let's see how it goes...[/quotwere the topics difficult

Reaction score
Even though the paper 12 is after a while, i was just curious about how you guys are preparing for it? By the way, has anyone got any links to economics (0455) multiple choice papers before 2000?

Reaction score
please help guysss i am so terrified please i have lots of mistakes and i don't know why so please help me before my exam :(

w12_qp_11
q6 what does external economies of scale mean?
q9 i don't understand it
q11 what is market force ?
q15 i don't understand it :/
q17 floods would affect the demand of the product not the supply so why isn't it correct ?
q18 i don't get it
q23 why A ?
q24 why B ?

w12_qp_13
q11 and q12 i don't understand them
q15 what are internal and external economies of scales and diseconomies of scale
q16 i don't understand it :(
q19 q16 i don't understand it :(
q21 why D q16 i don't understand D what does D mean ?
q25 q16 i don't understand it :(

0455_s12_qp_11
q25 why D i don't understand the whole idea
q27 why the answer is D not B ?

0455_s12_qp_12
q8 why A ?
q12 when interest rate falls savings fall and borrowing rise why here, borrowing falls too ?
q25 why D, i don't understand the whole idea :/

w11_11
q4 and q6 q16 i don't understand them :(
q14 why D ? q16 i don't understand the question
q28 why C i don't get it
q29 what is the difference between A and C ?

s11_11
q8 why C
q9 why A
q11 i don't understand it :(
q14 what is pretax and after tax income
q16 and q18 i don't understand them :/
q 24 all answers seem correct why is it B
q30 what are custom barriers and what are strategic goods

w10_11
q11 what does C mean and why it is B not C
q16 why D not C
q13 why A
q21 and q22 i don't understand them
q30 why D

s10_11
q23 how is the answer A
q27 all answers seem correct so why B

s10_12
q8 i don't understand it :(
q9 how B
q10 why D
q18 why A not D
q27 and q28 and 30 i don't understand them

w09_1
q5 i don't understand neither the question nor the answer
q16 why C not A or B?
q21 i don't understand it :(
q22 why A i don't understand the question at all
q25 why D?? doesn't make sense
q27 why B not D
q30 what are these arguments listed ? should we know them ? why is it B ?

s09_1
q7 why B not C
q11 why is this the answer?
q25 i don't understand it :(

w08_1
q4 and 15
q24 how do we do it
q34 what does omit mean?

w08_3
q12, q14, q18, q19, q23, q29, q32

s08_1
q10, 12 why D, 13 why C, 24, 31, 32

s08_3
q1, 7, 9, 10, 11, 17, 19, 21, 26, 27, 31, 34, 37

w07_3
q12 C doesn't that mean that its a want not a need so should be price elastic >1 ?
q15 why A not D ?
q17 why A
q22 why C
q29 and 33 how to answer these type of questions, all of them seem correct

s07_1
q2, 14, 16, 28, 32, 36 i don't understand them :(

s07_3
q19 why D not C
q20 why A not B
q22 why B not A
q30 how to think and answer these types of questions

w06_1
q7, 8, 16, 19, 28, 29, 31

w06_3
q17 how to answer these questions, why D not C
q28 why A not B
q29 i don't understand the whole concept
q30 what does C and D mean and why D

s06_1
q26 why B
q29 why C
q31 what does internal and external value mean ?
q38 and 39 why A

s06_3
q29 why C

w05_1
q4, 10, 13, 25 what does welfare mean, q31 C, 32, 36

w05_3
q7 i don't understand the whole question, why D, q24 why C not D, q29 why B not D, q34 i don't understand the whole question, 36 how to solve these types of questions, 37 why C not D

s05_1
q4, 9, 17, 22, 23, 29 what does debits mean, 30, 31, 33 i don't understand them :(

w04_3
q3, 6, 7, 12, 15, 16,19 why A other answers seem correct too, 23, 33, 34

s04_3
q2, 7, 10
q12 all seem correct why B
q14 why D not B
q29 i don't understand it at all :(
q30 why D not B
q31 why B
q32 why C not A
q38

w03_ 3
q2, 10, 14, 18, 24, 28, 35
q4 why C not D
q7 why B not C

s03_3
q9 why C i don't understand the choices available
q14 why A not B
q40 why B not C

w02_3
q14 i don't understand these types of savings helppp :(
q26 i don't understand how to answer these types of questions why C not D

this is the link for all the files that you'll need... please please please help me i don't want to fail economics this is my last chance to at least pass :(
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5o5i4R-mgp3dHV5SFB2NlNURTA&usp=sharing

Reaction score
Please feel free to post your suggestions, doubts, or even topic discussions relating these two papers (y)

Can i have some explanation for this question please

14 A government decided to approve a private airport-building scheme because it was socially
beneficial. In making its decision it calculated private costs at $700m, private benefits at $800m
and external costs at $200m.
What does this suggest must have been true about the external benefits of the scheme?
A External benefits equalled private benefits.
B External benefits exceeded $100m.
C External benefits exceeded external costs.
D There were no external benefits.

why is the answer B