• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics paper 2 Variant 1

Reaction score
How was the Economics paper 2 variant 1??Wow,for me,that was not a good paper,waaayyyyy worse than i wanted it to be

Reaction score
loooool i wrote complete and utter nonsence.I wrote that other countries may not have the reserves that china has so china will still have a same high contribution,also that other countries may be mindful of the externalities thus china's retained high contribution,for the opposite(why china will have not have as high contribution,i said becuase prices are high,other ountries will see how profitable it is and may produce more,also that more products in other countires may want to use ree's thus lower cont. for china...lol does any of this make sence to u?what did u write??

Reaction score
Yes, that does make sense. I had a bad paper :( Idk why, but it was bad :(
How about the firrst question? the contribution?

Reaction score
All my papers were almost bad. It includes Business, Econ :( , ACCOUNTING X( and MATHEMATICS ;::(

Reaction score
hmmm sorry about that..apparently gt is expected to be around 23/30 for an A in paper 1(ive failed that paper)..while p.2 im not so sure...the contribution???which question was this...also which number did you choose..i chose No.2 but i wish i did 3...just noticed in the last minute(literally),that it was easier than what i was doing...just saw the fact that B was wrong,probably thats wat turned me off...and how was business???

Reactions: Z.S
Reaction score
Business was okayish. I think I panicked on the last for having two major papers :/ And I Was asking about the first question, the change in china's contribution to the world production..
I chose 2 aswell, I liked it. If there was no time limit, I could have written and written and written. Oh that International trade, I wanted to but I didnt know how to make the graphs for both, so no chances :)

Reaction score
loooool i wrote complete and utter nonsence.I wrote that other countries may not have the reserves that china has so china will still have a same high contribution,also that other countries may be mindful of the externalities thus china's retained high contribution,for the opposite(why china will have not have as high contribution,i said becuase prices are high,other ountries will see how profitable it is and may produce more,also that more products in other countires may want to use ree's thus lower cont. for china...lol does any of this make sence to u?what did u write??

I wrote that its contribution would be retained in fututre as its an inelastic good(as it had no substitutes) and isnt't available in other countries as much as its available in China + it had derived demand as it was vital for the production of other very imp goods (almost in evry electronic). pretty much the same thing you wrote just in other words. I made a diagram too ..where the demand nd supply both were relatively inelastically..it showed that increasing prices wouldnt really have any significant affect on quantity demanded ..i think im right till here bt for some reason my diagram showed that there would be surplus of REE in China (which i dnt get how i could relate it to the increasing globing prices)..nd oops i didnt write the other side :/ were we told to discuss? I just wrote it one sided..i guess it was fr 6 marks plus i was lacking behind time :/

Reaction score
Yes, that does make sense. I had a bad paper :( Idk why, but it was bad :(
How about the firrst question? the contribution?
you know if you see it in the terms of amount..China's contribution was increasing..bt if you took out the percentages in 2000 the percentage contributed by China was in between 80%-90%(well i got 86% bt just to be on the safe side I wrote a range)..and if you took out the % contributed in the first quarter of 2010, the contribution I think was arnd 65% or 75% cant remember ..So I wrote according to the amount China's contribution rose whereas % wise it decreased between 2000-2010. and yes ofcourse evn wrote tht before um what was it 1980s China hadnt contributed at all nd started contributing in 1980s(whatevr the year waas cant remember) due to trained labour nd increase in capital

Reaction score
All my papers were almost bad. It includes Business, Econ :( , ACCOUNTING X( and MATHEMATICS ;::(
Nice I have the exactly same subjects How'd stats go? what'd you think the GT would be?

Reaction score
hmmm sorry about that..apparently gt is expected to be around 23/30 for an A in paper 1(ive failed that paper)..while p.2 im not so sure...the contribution???which question was this...also which number did you choose..i chose No.2 but i wish i did 3...just noticed in the last minute(literally),that it was easier than what i was doing...just saw the fact that B was wrong,probably thats wat turned me off...and how was business???

dude it was the same for me i regretted so much after the exam :'( i think i will do retake well actually i m gonna take a2 as well so if a2 is good maybe my result may come normal like b? am i dreaming? btw i m doing a2 but decided to do econ this year so... i dunno :'(

Reaction score
Nice I have the exactly same subjects How'd stats go? what'd you think the GT would be?
I didnt have sts in my combination, I took p1 and m1. Btw, you tell me, how was stats ?, I'll be sitting for it may june 2014 InshAllah :)

Reaction score
I didnt have sts in my combination, I took p1 and m1. Btw, you tell me, how was stats ?, I'll be sitting for it may june 2014 InshAllah :)
Oh okay haha. hmm i actually didnt study much for it as my exams timetable sucked bad lol I had business nd eco a day before stats. Well, according to what I had prepared, the paper was good haha. I think it was just a little lengthy nd a few tricky but easy questions. I think you should prepare for stats from different different books. i saw the almost same question, which came in the exam, from this book my friend studies from! How was m1? Ill be giving m1 next year. And how was maths p1? I did such silly mistakes! I don't think so bt I do hope I get an A.

Reaction score
Oh okay haha. hmm i actually didnt study much for it as my exams timetable sucked bad lol I had business nd eco a day before stats. Well, according to what I had prepared, the paper was good haha. I think it was just a little lengthy nd a few tricky but easy questions. I think you should prepare for stats from different different books. i saw the almost same question, which came in the exam, from this book my friend studies from! How was m1? Ill be giving m1 next year. And how was maths p1? I did such silly mistakes! I don't think so bt I do hope I get an A.
Oh, could you pass me the name of the book :) m1 ws hard for me, maybe coz I never did physics in my life :p Others found it awesome. Same here! I did soo many silly mistakes in p1, i felt like suiciding the next day when I checked it on xpc :p But its all okay now.. we cant cry over spilt milk now :/ Lets hope for the best, InshAllah everything will be fine :D

Reaction score
Oh, could you pass me the name of the book :) m1 ws hard for me, maybe coz I never did physics in my life :p Others found it awesome. Same here! I did soo many silly mistakes in p1, i felt like suiciding the next day when I checked it on xpc :p But its all okay now.. we cant cry over spilt milk now :/ Lets hope for the best, InshAllah everything will be fine :D
The book I studied was from this author something crawshaw. Its a huge fat book. The one my friend used was Statistics 1..Idk who that is by but its a book by Cambridge. Its cover is black and its quite thin. yeah In sha Allah :)