• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics paper 22

Reaction score
There isn't a separate thread for econ p22(or atleast i think there isn't). So thats why im creating this thread! Anyone with any problems or notes or well anything related to economics can post here. Cheers and Good Luck!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the relationship between the external economy and the internal economy? Like for example if there is inflation in the internal economy then what happens in the external economy?

Reaction score
lool I'm pretty sure A level candidates need to know that but not sure about AS.
and the inflation question you posted has to do with effects of inflation. so:
- increase in prices will affect your exports which makes them more expensive (therefore less competitive) and it will have a negative affect on the current account
- increase in prices also affects Exchange Rate as according to Purchasing Power Parity, the price of the basket of goods will go up thus ER goes down.
it is part of the syllabus but not under the exact point that you asked :)

Reaction score
lool I'm pretty sure A level candidates need to know that but not sure about AS.
and the inflation question you posted has to do with effects of inflation. so:
- increase in prices will affect your exports which makes them more expensive (therefore less competitive) and it will have a negative affect on the current account
- increase in prices also affects Exchange Rate as according to Purchasing Power Parity, the price of the basket of goods will go up thus ER goes down.
it is part of the syllabus but not under the exact point that you asked :)

Reaction score
no problem but please check your notes xD I don't want to be the source of any mistakes :p
good luck though :)