• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics Paper 22

Reaction score
question was : discuss why a government might choose to run a private good like train travel.
i gave the introduction of private good
then private sectors approach towards the project and goverment's approach
i gave the example of how there would be over production or under production if externalities exist if controlled by a private sector but government pricing would include all that
i explained private sector might involve in monopoly
oh god i forgot to explain government's weaknesses like it may not be an expertise
probably get a 7
Hey we also hd to write about public goods in the question didnt we? Because a government will think of producing the public good? Im so scaredddd. I messed this question up :/

Reaction score
I think the paper was ok....wrote sm points discussed above..:)
Expectin a gt between 28-30
GT will be lower than that..i know the paper was really easy but so were a lot of previous papers..particularly nov 2011 and the GT of nov 2011 was 23!..:p

Reaction score
i wrote china had comparative advantage in many goods and services and relative inflation rate was less in china compared to other countries.is this correct?
The question said suggest so i guess its correct :)

Reaction score
We didn't have to write about public goods because the stem of question clearly mentioned the following phrase: "Why would a government intervene in the provision of private goods."

Reaction score
I did qs.4,although was short of time in part b
Oh same i only wrote 1 page :(
the problems associated with the 2 scenarios
then 2 paragraphs on why both problems have benefits
conclusion

Whats your awnsers for it?

Reaction score
Oh same i only wrote 1 page :(
the problems associated with the 2 scenarios
then 2 paragraphs on why both problems have benefits
conclusion

Whats your awnsers for it?
i gave an example that it can sometimes be expressed as quasi public good

Reaction score
In q4b) Which exchange rate system is associated with 'stable exchange rates?" I argued for fixed exchange rate with proper graphs and advant and disadvant as the generic meaning of stable is firmly fixed.
Pls reply..?