• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECONOMICS

Reaction score
does anybody know how important is economic in As levels.? Can it be of any help in future and how much difficult it is?

Reaction score
I guess it is rather worthwhile that you give A-levels whole rather than just two components of AS Level.

It is important subject as it is commerce related. Although hard but if you have edge in writing the essays and can do the data response questions easily than surely you can do A-level Economics.

I am sure one can do, if he/she has determination, passion and will to do then one can do it properly and Aice it, InshaAllah!

Reaction score
As level economics is lot similar with o level economics with few new things. The theory questions are bit more difficult than those in o level which is natural. mcqs are quite easy.
Difficult is A2 economics and syllabus is larger than AS. But economics is a worthy subject and has lot of importance

Reaction score
what can beat economics bro? accounts business all that shit is derived from economics...its like the principal thing the founding father its the best subject u can study it'll open the most doors... ie. economics and engineering, econ and management, econ and mathematics u can study anything...unlike if u go for pure science then u may switch to commerce but u gonna find it hard or u can go pure commerce and into management..high potential and highly respected subject. that said AS is too small to demand much respect take A level..

Reaction score
THANKS ALL.............well i did not mean that m taking economics ONLY..........I HAVE MATHS,PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY TOO...........was just wondering about economics and what if a person did not take economic in Olevels...........will this have any major effect or will be easy ??? and what about BIOLOGY and ECONOMICS......are we given a choice in both ov em? if yes..........then which to take.?????????

THANKS ALL

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by are we given a choice between biology and economics.
I'm taking both the subjects, but at my school the lessons clash, so I take classes whenever I have free time.
But if you have to choose between the two, then the best thing to do would be to take the subject that interests you most.
Or one that'll help you in whatever job you want to do.

Reaction score
doctors bio, but engineering Econ.. never really heard.. engineering students should have physics and maths compulsorily i guess.!! economics is for the commerce related students i guess..!!!

Reaction score
ok so they both are definately two very separate fields dude.. .. but never the less, all the best and take the venture.. it would be worthwhile i' sure! any helps needed we all are here, xtremepapers forum and if anything more PM me..

all the very best!!

Reaction score
what u guys are talking about is the PCE rite? phy chem and eco for engineering along with maths and GP...yea thats a popular one here...in ours u gotta choose eco or bio..and its eco all the way helps all ur life unlike bio

Reaction score
Xenon said:
As level economics is lot similar with o level economics with few new things. The theory questions are bit more difficult than those in o level which is natural. mcqs are quite easy.
Difficult is A2 economics and syllabus is larger than AS. But economics is a worthy subject and has lot of importance

thanks but can you please give details abut its importance and its help in future and eco related jobs in near future?