• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

electromagnetism!!!urgently

Reaction score
what are similarites and differences betn the nature of electric and magnetic fields esp. on charges!

Reaction score
differences
1) electric field does not affect neutral charges
2) magnetic field does not affect stationary charges
3) magnetic monopoles do not exist
4) in electirc field, force acts along the field, whereas in a magnetic field, force is prpendicular to the field

similaritites
1) both are attractive and repulsive
2) both are invisible???

Reaction score
does magnetic field affect the neutral ones then? what is magnetic monopoles?

Reaction score
a moving neutral charge experiences force from magnetic field (i believe, check it out). a magnetic comes with both north and south (dipoles) not only north or south (monopole).

Reaction score
What I have known is that it is not moving anything that experiences force from magnetic field but moving charge creates a magnetic field around it which makes it feel force from external magnetic field. The moving neutral charge cannot create magnetic force around it to receive force. Otherwise F=Bqv would not be true. There would be force even if q=0. By the way who told you that neutral charge feels force in magnetic field? I wanna be clear because it is important.

Reaction score
May be you were talking about magnetic field around spinning neutrons boy it is not the case. It must be about moving charge in a line. Anyway I need a little help in practical because if I get A in practical I can have an star. Can you help me with knowing the three sources of error. Looking at the question I can find only one or two except that two readings are not enough. Can it be understood after doing the experiment or is there a way to find out just looking at the question in physics p3?

Reaction score
the differences of gravitational and electric field is more important than this guys. and i might wrong with the neutral charge experiencing force in magnetic field bt i think others are authentic.

Reaction score
errors depend on nature of practical. so i think it would be better to enumerate the errors on the basis of nature of practical and the devices to be used... I think so!