• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English 1st language IGCSE

Reaction score
Actually, they do. I'm giving my FLE paper by studying/practising only for 5 months. They are great help for understanding answer formats and stuff.

Ahaha Sam darling.... i wuz registered for ESL for may/june... wanted a challenge so i made my dad pay like $XXX to shift to FLE :D
so i havent had a teacher and im doing fine.. coz a C in FLE is better than an A* in ESL ;)

I thought id read shakespeare and spoil a lil bit of my english... so far so good :D i mean ppl should watch titanic and write their exams...

NIM

Reaction score
Ahaha Sam darling.... i wuz registered for ESL for may/june... wanted a challenge so i made my dad pay like $XXX to shift to FLE :D
so i havent had a teacher and im doing fine.. coz a C in FLE is better than an A* in ESL ;)

I thought id read shakespeare and spoil a lil bit of my english... so far so good :D i mean ppl should watch titanic and write their exams...
em giving ma all IGCSE exams after studying only fr 1 year.... :D
and 3 sub without teacher
so guys plz pray fr me .... :p

Reaction score
em giving ma all IGCSE exams after studying only fr 1 year.... :D
and 3 sub without teacher
so guys plz pray fr me .... :p
Hey I'll pray!You will do good...I'm in the same situation.Actually I just started usiness Studies 2 months ago and I'm givng an exam now..I don't have a teacher...All we can do is pray and hope for the best now! :D

Reaction score
WoW such bravery ::::) :p
Good going guyz.... i think i have risked my assured Astar now itz tyme to live our dreams...
1 yr... wiw wish i did something like that :D
Now ill watch titanic and enjoy my beverage.. :)
how many total subjectz do you people have?

Reaction score
Not at alllll! :p
Itz hard with two exams on the same day...
i have 4 days and today wuz one of them :)
So ICE award eligible?

Meg

Reaction score
not sure about format... how to do the question?

Basically there is 4 main formats for essays.
1. Argumentative Writeups: Take one side and argue.
2. Discursive Writeups: Write viewpoints from both the topics and conclude with your personal opinion.
3. Descriptive Essay: Describe using all the 5 senses :)
4. Narrative: When you pen down a scenario or story.

For me narrative combined with discursive is the best. Any tips to enhance it?
ive studied shit for english frankly XD
tom is the reading paper right?
what the hell am I supposed to write for writer's analysis and summary?
i suck at both :/ especially analysis :p

Reaction score
How do i write a report and an interview. Please explain to me cleary. Thank you
an interview if they tell u to ask the some qns which they hv provided den it would be in the form of a dialogue
and reports
there r 3 types of them
evaluative
journalistic
and investigative

for jouranlistic u just basically write a newspaper report wid a heading followed by a strapline which gives sm info about the headline n then is the byline which is yr name n fr eg staff reporter
yr paragraphs should hv around maximum 3 sentences max
n the first para should contain:
what is the report on
when did the da incident happen
to whom did it happen
where did it happen

in the following paras u write about how did the incident happen and why did it happen
the last para would hv the resolution or what furture actions are gonna take place regarding the incident

it would contain quotations

for investigative report.....u basically write about yr investigation based on an incident for instance money stolen frm a student in school and u r a student council member trying to investigate how it hpnd
u ould write about whom u think would hv done it as well as methods of investigation u hv used
in the last para u would basically advice wat action should be taken

for evaluative it is some wat similar to investigative
the topic could be evaluative report on a school
u could write about wat u found interesting in the school or wat was bad
n in the end u could suggest whether the school can be considere good bad average etc

for all there would be a passage provided n u can take points frm der

i hope this helpd u!
chek dis out as well
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nguage_English_Standards_Booklet_2010_WEB.pdf

Reaction score
Basically there is 4 main formats for essays.

For me narrative combined with discursive is the best. Any tips to enhance it?
ive studied shit for english frankly XD
tom is the reading paper right?
what the hell am I supposed to write for writer's analysis and summary?
i suck at both :/ especially analysis :p

DAMN! :O my strategy is no longer only mine...
i usually alwayz go for descriptive but i had planned to go for narrative with the descriptive ofcourse the ending is the toughest :/ :p
Good luck wid that may the best pen win ;)
Pfffft i didnt know reportz existed xD

and the analysis is kick ass FUN :D i mean just say the write used a simile used good vocab..
the funny part is i dont get the idioms or the meaning but the analysis fitz it as perfect as if i knew the meaning :D
english is magical :D enjoyy....

Reactions: Meg
Reaction score
Nothing is compulsory... anywayz my titanic is done... ill have to try to sleep even if the exam is a PM one :) adios.... good luck :p

NIM

Reaction score
WoW such bravery ::::) :p
Good going guyz.... i think i have risked my assured Astar now itz tyme to live our dreams...
1 yr... wiw wish i did something like that :D
Now ill watch titanic and enjoy my beverage.. :)
how many total subjectz do you people have?
10 subjects...:(
All my frendz r taking only 8 sub....:(

Reaction score
I sincerely think Narrative is the most difficult. It involves a lot of creativity and lots of examiners are strict on that unless it is really original.
So I recommend everyone not to do it unless they are amazing at it. :eek:

Take an easier route and chose Argumentative. You just need to jot down ideas.
Or, Descriptive. If you are good in vocabulary and can describe things well.
Discursive if you are really good at debating. ;)

Good luck.

Btw, what are the exam differences for English for everyone? Mine is about 10 hours from now. So if anyone has their exam before me.
Please do give me some raw tips if it's a report or whatever :D Thanks!

Reaction score
I sincerely think Narrative is the most difficult. It involves a lot of creativity and lots of examiners are strict on that unless it is really original.
So I recommend everyone not to do it unless they are amazing at it. :eek:
I find I'm best at narrative and not so good at descriptive...:p
When I'm told to write a conversation I don't really do so well since everything changes from being serious to being outright silly...I hope there will be no dialogues in the paper...:eek: