• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english as a second language help !

Reaction score
hey guys i'm having my ESL exam soon,, but i have some questions on mind regarding writing a letter ,, is it okay to use contractions ? even if the letter was informal ? i know in articles we're not supposed to , but what about informal letters ? and are exclamation marks acceptable ? I'd really appreciate some help,,thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
hey guys i'm having my ESL exam soon,, but i have some questions on mind regarding writing a letter ,, is it okay to use contractions ? even if the letter was informal ? i know in articles we're not supposed to , but what about informal letters ? and are exclamation marks acceptable ? I'd really appreciate some help,,thanks in advance :)

Everything is acceptable if used in proper way, in Letters, you are supposed to describe all the given content in formal way, using appropriate language. So I guess Exclamation Marks will not be required. Yes if it can be used in any case indicating the formal styleof writing, you can use it.

About Contractions, I don't know :/ sorry.

Reaction score
ohh btw one more question if u may , in form filling when we're asked to write the address , is there any particular order in which we should write it ? as in do we start by the country and then move on to the city , street etc.. ?

Reaction score
ohh btw one more question if u may , in form filling when we're asked to write the address , is there any particular order in which we should write it ? as in do we start by the country and then move on to the city , street etc.. ?

I guess its the way that you should write it in street > city > country order.