• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English as First Language 0500 P2 MayJune 2011

Reaction score
In which format or way were we supposed to write the interview in Question 1? Like a conversation or like a story??
THIS IS JUST AN UNRELATED SAMPLE:
I wrote it like this: "How r u?" I asked. Dean thought for a moment and replied,"I am fine."

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Interview has got only 3 questions! YOu just have to answer those in 1 n 1/2 and two pages!
Just add a few interesting questions of your own in the middle!
Conversation, Story and Interview are three completely different things!

Reaction score
that were hint :D
guess people become smarter so no need for hint :D

Reaction score
Sorry to tell you this, but if you wrote it like that i don't think the examiner will correct it. An interview is like this, for example:

Rob: How did you manage to climb it so fast?

Dean: I stayed focused and determined, i also use my speed and agility.

Then you develop it a bit more, and write the next question. You should haveasked this before, tough luck man. :(

Reaction score
hey guys, its all good. I checked with my English teacher (working in British Council) who said that ,this year, since they did not specify how it shud be written, candidates were allowed to write in either conversation or article format. Thanks anyways!

Reaction score
did u do bad ??? :(

by ur statement u want them to fail , then i have no choice but to let u fail :evil: hahahahaha

hope u did goood :D :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I found this paper okay

BUT 1 thing

You know the first question of the interview, about why he was so fast I commented about his agility, training, speed etc... Determination, motivation and stuff

BUT I forgot to mention about the the safety equipment making the journey easier ! (I thought they already knew this --- How many marks do you think this specific point about not mentioning the lack of equipment to gain speed will lose) I am PANICKING !!!

I really need an A* :(

Reaction score
sorry i dont take first language so i dont know the question and the answer :(

hope others will help u soon :D

inshallah

Reaction score
dude, the passage said that Dean n his partner were "ridiculously under-equipped"! :/

Reaction score
DUDE I MEAN FOR THE SPEED

I did NOT mention, that not wearing a lot of equipment, gave him lighter weight, thus increasing his speed ! This was given in the text... I wrote stuff about motivation and focus for the SPEED.

Reaction score
well then, it depends how many other points you were able to include in your interview.

Reaction score
yeah merkyou69 is right :D
mentioning thing that r already given wont give u mark :)

Reaction score
For the first point I talked about: Motivation, determination, I made up about his life being based on speed. Climbing is what he loves, he lives for the thrill, and his skill/ability as he was physically strong. >>> I forget to mention LESS WEIGHT = FASTER SPEED (how many marks would I lose)

2nd point about being foolish: Climbing is his passion, gives him self satisfaction, it is his life, and takes no notice of these sorts of comments. His self will makes him determined to do any task at hand. It is his personality which shines.

3rd point about their relationship: Strong relationship, not a partner more of a brother like figure. Friends outside climbing (I even mentioned that he was his best man at the wedding), good relationship, know each others techniques, rely on trust, hold reliance on another to strengthen bond. Know each other inside and out (sort of)

Is there anything else I could have added I AM SO STUPID and I am panicking missing out such a basic point of SPEED and equipment !!! Ahhhh *FacePalm*

CAN YOU RELATE TO ANY *OTHER* POINTS FROM THE TEXT ... There was not much to infer so I just made a few points up, which kind of related to the text. I covered most other points is there anything else which I could have written?