• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english confusion

Reaction score
I wrote this amazing narrative which I wrote in mock exam. I ended up with a 27. Many of my school fellows got it copied and learnt it. -_-. Now, luckily, in exam, the topic was quite relatable and I added the expressions and vocabulary of my story into it. After the paper I found out that one of my school fellow copied my story with the same phrases and expressions. I don't think CIE would think that as cheating. :( My story was sooo well. It had everything: sentence variety, paragraph variety, good plot etc....Would I suffer? :'(

Reaction score
Don't worry. CIE have a team of experts in the fields of cheating and invigilation. If they suspect cheating, they would make sure before jumping to conclusions. They would ask your invigilators, check your seating and everything humanly possible to make sure of it. Seeing as you didn't cheat, then rest assured! :)

Reaction score
evn if he copied urs it will never be even 80 percent same because its english .he couldnt have memorized the whole thing right?

Reaction score
what i think he migt be trolling you by saying that he wrote the composition similar to urs. However, don't worry even if he wrote similar to urs. I don't think examiners really care about that as that is the jobif invgilators to suspect unfair practice during exam. there may be hundred of candidates with the same plot of the story u used. don't worry, i don't think u will suffer at all.
btw Malak Mohamed's comment is also logical but i am nt sure if that is correct.