• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English First Language Paper 2 description help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here and have not introduced myself yet, but first I have an urgent question.
See I am going to give English as first language and there is something about Paper 2 that is really bothering me. Usually in the second question they ask to re-read certain descriptions and explain how the writer makes the text effective. While reading the ms I found that they had made three columns, like this:
Words Meaning Effect

This I think is a much easier way to write the answer, than trying to make proper sentences but is it allowed?! My teacher has not taught first language for some time now, so she does not really know either. Help is really appreciated,
Thank you,
Mysterious15

Reaction score
Mysterious15 said:
Hello everyone, I am new here and have not introduced myself yet, but first I have an urgent question.
See I am going to give English as first language and there is something about Paper 2 that is really bothering me. Usually in the second question they ask to re-read certain descriptions and explain how the writer makes the text effective. While reading the ms I found that they had made three columns, like this:
Words Meaning Effect

This I think is a much easier way to write the answer, than trying to make proper sentences but is it allowed?! My teacher has not taught first language for some time now, so she does not really know either. Help is really appreciated,
Thank you,
Mysterious15
you talking about the Comprehension ????

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Mysterious15 said:
Words Meaning Effect

Thank you,
Mysterious15

This is no way at all!
You have to make proper paragraphs for part (a) & (b).
Select at least 3-4 phrases or words for each part (a & b), give their meanings and finally explain how the writer has achieved their effects.
In mark schemes, they have also given summary answer in a 'points form', this, in no way, means that you have to write your summary in points form.
Hope this helped!

Reaction score
Thank you! It really helped! Now I know how I am supposed to write the answer :D
It really helped thnx again :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I would only get it, if you press the 'Thank' button at the top right corner! ;)