• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English literature ,help please !!

Reaction score
inshAllah Im about to give me paper 1 on the 31th ,I have a doubt in poetry, in the passage-based questions , the peoms that come ,never come again ,am I right ?! and if I am then does that leave me with 4 peoms to study or only the poems that came in only my variant won't come ?!

Reaction score
try going to prezi.com and ten explore and hit the name of the poems/story on the search bar,tey provide some analysis hope it will be helpful!!!!

Reaction score
what poem do you guys think will appear tomorrow? from songs of outselves?

Reaction score
What poems came out in the May/June paper? i guess we'd have to study the poems that DIDN'T come out in the May/June paper coz they wouldn't repeat the same poems...would they?

Reaction score
yes ,thats what I am saying ,they won't repeat them as most of all the poems came ,so that leaves us with only 4 poems to study !!

Reaction score
may june was first love and full moon and little frieda and time

but there are other variants too ! the only ones that never came are Lament ,Amends ,Report to wordsworth and we'll go no more aroving

Reaction score
Now i'm confused because when you look at ALL the invariants for the May/June paper they basically include most of the poems except for like a few. and i dont think we'd only be limited to 4 poems. There is no way of figuring this out!! hmmm..well played Cambridge...well played! :cautious:

Reaction score
Now i'm confused because when you look at ALL the invariants for the May/June paper they basically include most of the poems except for like a few. and i dont think we'd only be limited to 4 poems. There is no way of figuring this out!! hmmm..well played Cambridge...well played! :cautious:
It is well-known that passage-based questions in poetry don't get repeated ,so four are only left ,that's why they change the syllabus every 3 years :)

Reaction score
It is well-known that passage-based questions in poetry don't get repeated ,so four are only left ,that's why they change the syllabus every 3 years :)
Well i didnt know that! ooooh now im educated in the workings of passage-based questions :p oh, and you beter be correct coz i dont wanna fail!

Reaction score
we are the last once to write about all these poems because all of them appeared already. next year they have a different syllabus.

Reaction score
yea mine too :( ... okay so i am just gonna study lament, amends, reort to worswoth and we'll go no more a-roving.... you guys better be right and passaged based is always the first question right. where u analyse it .. arrr.. i am sooooo worried :D

Reaction score
yea mine too :( ... okay so i am just gonna study lament, amends, reort to worswoth and we'll go no more a-roving.... you guys better be right and passaged based is always the first question right. where u analyse it .. arrr.. i am sooooo worried :D
hahaha good luck then! :) & for the record meme345 had all the ideas so don't kill me or anything when things don't go as planned..