• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH MARKING IN P1

Reaction score
Guys, I want to know what is the avaerage marks one can get in English P1 in both questions out of 30 each.

In school they would rarely give us above 23 which would be outstanding and average would be 21/20.

Now, I have friends telling me in that O' Level examiners also give a maximum upto 23/24 - so is this true or utter bullshit and can one easily score up to 28/29 if it is a really good essay or speech ?

Ta lads.

Reaction score
Guys, I want to know what is the avaerage marks one can get in English P1 in both questions out of 30 each.

In school they would rarely give us above 23 which would be outstanding and average would be 21/20.

Now, I have friends telling me in that O' Level examiners also give a maximum upto 23/24 - so is this true or utter bullshit and can one easily score up to 28/29 if it is a really good essay or speech ?

Ta lads.
yes , one can.
i dont know why they gave such low marks in your school .. in my school 25-26 were average :D

Reaction score

Ta lads.
In my school a student who writes an outstanding essay can score 28/30!

Reaction score
wat r the minimum marks v hv to get in english paper 1 nd paper 2 to get an A* nd a A

Reaction score
cambridge board too has percentile system? i heard it was only for edexcel board..