• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 1

Reaction score
I had a mistake
I wrote more then 600 words on essay
After writing the essay i read the words limit that was 350-500
ohooooo they will cut my marks or not? plz inform me
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Reaction score
They won't deduct anything....BUT they will stop reading the essay after 550 words!! So there wont be any ending and the examiner will not give you full marks due to incomplete essay

Reaction score
hey i wrote 325 for the first part where limit wax v200 300 ix there a deduction?

Reaction score
Actually they will read all of your essay even though you exceed the word limit, they only penalise for exceeding the word limit in the Paper 2 Summary (has to be 160 words!!!).
;)
Examiners,however, state that candidates are more likely to make mistakes in their grammar,etc if they exceed the word limit and write more (means more errors in your writing= more marks deducted)
Cheers!

Reaction score
Well you are allowed 20 words beyond the limit but i think 5 more wont cause any harm sooo relax. =)