• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English vocabulary...

Reaction score
I wanted to know how is everybody preparing for the english vocabulary? I learned a few words from the books Concept 1, 2 and 3 but still Im not satisfied I find words in past papers whose meanings I dont know so any suggestions on how to prepare for that?

Reaction score
Dude I would say read a lot of books ! And read at least 2 articles from An English news papers If ur not interested in reading Dictionary Raatt loo =P

Reaction score
LOL :D R u Kidding Dictionary ratt loo

It is much better to practicize a lot of comprehension passages in past papers.I am doing the same and believe me My vocabulary is ten times much better than before!!!

Reaction score
Dude I would say read a lot of books ! And read at least 2 articles from An English news papers If ur not interested in reading Dictionary Raatt loo =P
hahah dictionary rat lo? LMAO........I love to read but that only develops expressions not really vocabulary.....like you know what depicted means and you can use it in a sentence too but you just can't find those words to tell its meaning thats what i mean...

Reaction score
@manu Same prob here man ! I thought that yew were talking abt the composition we have to write !

Reaction score
well......good to know there are more out there like me......maybe the percentile will drop a little *fingers crossed*

Reaction score
I wanted to know how is everybody preparing for the english vocabulary? I learned a few words from the books Concept 1, 2 and 3 but still Im not satisfied I find words in past papers whose meanings I dont know so any suggestions on how to prepare for that?

Read books, newspaper articles, essays, sample letters, poems. Basically anything related to English Literature, 'nuff said. :).

Reaction score
Read novels. They provide entertainment as well as impove your vocabulary. But remember to keep a dictionary nearby to look for words you dont know.

Reaction score
bro just practice ALOT of past papers and keep a dictionary wid u and refer it if u dont understand a word....that way u learn