• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

error..help

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to calculate the error in practical...and also the safety measures and precautions to write...please help me...

Reaction score
I need help on ESTIMATING percentage uncertainty when the only value we'r given is the length of 'd' ...i know how to calculate but like how do we estimate?
:S

Reaction score
please do post whatever u know..and also whatever u dont know...smone will help us...anyone please help...

Reaction score
um well when calculating percentage uncertainty, make sure u have to values..like for d, they not gonna tell u to repeat so u hv to do that.. u subtract the lowest from the lowest...this gives u a range.. u take that and divide by average d x 100.. hope that helped

Reaction score
did u check my link u can get errors limitations improvements u can check the pages in dat link u wil get it i hope itx helpful to u!!!!

Reaction score
fr percentage uncertainty: da least count( of da instrument frm wch u took out aktual value('d') in previous part) iz divided frm aktual value (d') nad den da reslt iz multiplied by 100. :)

Reaction score
% uncertainty is the ratio of uncertainty to measured value

There is always some uncertainty in measurement (OL); the uncertainty being due to the fact that the measurement is never exactly the value given by the instrument, plus the fact that usually measurements fall between two of the smallest defined values on a scale. As such, the formula for % uncertainty is thus:

uncertainty = +/- value of smallest division / 2

% uncertainty = (uncertainty / measurement) x 100%

That answer your question?

Reaction score
tell me wats percentage uncertainity in measurement of time of oscillation.....