• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

esl writting help ?

Reaction score
heey gyz
im having tmrw my esl , but im having some problems with writting , im good at friendly letter ns opinion essays , but its small proability that theyll get friendly letter as u got it the 3 past exams
so its most probably a magazine article , anyone knows any tips?? or the format ??
plz help :) :)

Reaction score
when i write a magazine article i use more persuasive and comparative word.
like if u wanna tell about something . talk positive about it (if the question is positive)
and talk negative about the other. and use persuasive word at the beginning so the examiner will get interested in ur writing .
ill try to post some tips later

hope that this helped :D

Reaction score
Could anybody tell how's the format for letter and article writings? One of our two English teachers told to keep indent at the beginning of every paragraph and leave one-line gap between them, while the other one said exactly the opposite. Please HELP ! Which one's correct?

Reaction score
In the formal letter indent it to the middle of the one ur writing and leave on line gap between.
eg." Dear Sir

I would....."
i suggest u to leave one line gap between different paragraph and the indent point should be the same.
the signature should be on the left side and should leave two line gap between the last line u wrote and ur name should be under it.
eg."Your Sincerely
Hao Chen"

About the article u indent on the first line of the paragraph and continue writing when u are going to the second paragraph, i prefer not to leave one line gap
so start with a new line and indent like the first paragraph and continue.

Hope that Help :D

Reaction score
Abid357 said:
Could anybody tell how's the format for letter and article writings? One of our two English teachers told to keep indent at the beginning of every paragraph and leave one-line graph between them, while the other one said exactly the opposite. Please HELP ! Which one's correct?

I just write letters normally... No address or anything. If you check the marking schemes, as far as I'm aware, they don't award marks for that. Only marking for content and quality of writing. Just start with the basic "Dear..." and end off "Sincerely/Love etc...".

What I've learnt, either you indent your paragraphs at the beginning and leave no blank line spaces. OR, you leave a blank line space after the paragraph but don't indent. You ONLY do one of the two, not both.

Reaction score
Ahaa... what a relief, thanks so much ! :)

As you said to leave one-line gaps in the letter but not in the article... will they deduct marks for this difference?

Reaction score
anytime
by what Smile37 said i dont think they will deduct marks.
but better not take the risk :D