• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Exclusive: Any help for those who are taking English as a second language

Reaction score
Read :)
Just buy two or three stories one for Agathe christy you will be excellent in the narration
and other is a vocabulary book or something like that
I reccomend English as a second language focus on writing.
My post could help you and also read daily articles in news papers.

Reaction score
agatha christy?? i think i hav one of her books umm MR Quin i guess
n yea i do read newspaper articles n they really do help!!! like alotttt!!!
thanx sooo much

Reaction score
Asslaam o alaikum,
I've been reading all of ur posts mr.Madridista (unique name... what ds it mean anyway? ) and the are like soooooooo helpful thanx a million. Please could you guide in comprehension questions.. I mean i don't understand...

do i have to write complete sentences when answering comprehension question or not?

Also, how should i manage my time in paper 2 (i.e, Listening and writing paper)?

Reaction score
okay, first of all what is meant by complete sentence ? try to write the sentence which you think have the right answer unless you are sure that the one word or two words you will write is the correct answer, did you understand ?
Managing time in Reading and writing paper, the time you have is 2 hours
first of all 15 minutes for each writing so now we have 1.5 hours left so 15 minutes for the summary, 10 min for note taking and 10 minutes for filling the forms. 30 hours for the 2 reading passages.
2 Reading passages: 30 minutes
Filling: 10 minutes
Note taking: 10 minutes
Summary: 15 minutes
2 writing: 30 minutes
30 minutes for revising, editing and 5 minutes if there is a hard question ...

Reaction score
Madridista...i have a question
How to write a good persuasive article
Thanx in advance !

Reaction score
PERSUASIVE
· Repeat your self - don't worry about saying the same thing again and again - people forget, so repeat yourself and they will remember. Even when you think they might remember, you can always repeat yourself another time.
· Be personal - using words such as "we" or "I" always sounds a lot more convincing. We all know that, don't we?
· Use questions - why would you use questions? Well, they make people think. They also get your readers involved in what you are writing. So will you use them when you persuade? If not, why not?
· Use feelings to push ideas - words are your ammunition. In seconds, they can make your friends laugh, or your teacher angry, so why not use them properly to persuade your readers?
For instance, don't just write "the pressure of doing school work", because there is no real feeling there. Instead, how about: "the endless trauma, the desperation and the mindless suffering that school work inflicts on students".
Samples of introduction:
I am writing to express my concerns regarding the cinemas plan to…. / building a new garage …
Using questions as why do we use the worst choice?
You can also say things as: On the other hand, there are ways of increasing cinema revenue \ other places for building the garage.
End with: Thank you for your attention, and I am looking forward to your replay.
If you are writing a letter for an organizer to choose you for a particular job as meeting a famous person use a strong ways of persuading as:-
Since you are the organizer, you have my life in your hands. I am writing this letter to convince you … \ I have known the breaking news that the famous ………. \ Lastly, you should save my life ………
Use signature as impatiently yours, yours faithfully.

Reaction score
Madridista...i have a question
How to write a good persuasive article
Thanx in advance !
YALA YA YAD MEN HENA BETA5'D ENGLISH TUITION W MESH 3AREF TEKTEB PERSUASIVE WRITING DA ENTA WAD BEEEEEEEEEEEEIDDD DA ANA HANFO5AK 2WEL MA ASHOFAK TANY!!

Reaction score
okay, first of all what is meant by complete sentence ? try to write the sentence which you think have the right answer unless you are sure that the one word or two words you will write is the correct answer, did you understand ?
Managing time in Reading and writing paper, the time you have is 2 hours
first of all 15 minutes for each writing so now we have 1.5 hours left so 15 minutes for the summary, 10 min for note taking and 10 minutes for filling the forms. 30 hours for the 2 reading passages.
2 Reading passages: 30 minutes
Filling: 10 minutes
Note taking: 10 minutes
Summary: 15 minutes
2 writing: 30 minutes
30 minutes for revising, editing and 5 minutes if there is a hard question ...
thank ya

Reaction score
how do you revise for paper 2, I mean other than revising the papers you've solved and knowing what u did wrong?

Reaction score
Andrew
Hey ! How are you ? .................
Terror : I was petrified / look pale / frantic with terror.
Surprised : Bewildered / flabbergasted / eyes almost pop out of my head.
Happy : On cloud nine Sad : Down in the dumps.

Reaction score