• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra Subjects;Statistics Doubts (Statistics High Achievers' Advice Needed)

Should Statistics be taken as an extra subject for O'Level 2014 Nov/Oct?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I need some advice.I am not sure whether I should take Statistics or not.Cause our centre's previous years' results of stats weren't GOOD,which is why I am confused whether to take it or not.Is it that difficult?
Please respond,especially those who have aced in stats!

Regards!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I need some advice.I am not sure whether I should take Statistics or not.Cause our centre's previous years' results of stats weren't GOOD,which is why I am confused whether to take it or not.Is it that difficult?
Please respond,especially those who have aced in stats!

Regards!
Statistics is not hard at all. The book isnt one that contains excessive detail. It is thin (from my experience, i have seen people judge subs primarily by the thickness and size of the book). Stats can easily be covered within a span of 2 months. You can self-study it, without having to refer to teachers or academies (I don't know about you, but i self-studied it). If you are willing to take Maths in A Levels, then giving Stats can give you a major advantage.

Reaction score
Go through the entire book solving all the questions. Probability might disturb you, but sufficient practice will ensure that you know how to solve any probability related questions.
Solve as many past papers as you can. You will find past papers ranging from the years 2003-2013 on this site.
There is another book written by Abdul Waris, which has past papers from the 80s as well. Practice those as well