• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

f.s.c + a'level(privately) helppp neeededd!!!!

Reaction score
assalamualaikum!!
i m from karachi and doing a'levels privately at home bcuz i cantt afford to get tuitions for it...i am also din f.s.c pre-medical from colg....can anyone tell me the latest edition of books for a'level of physics,chem,bio and g.p with the writers name...also i am not really able to manage time plzz tell me how can i study for both as my aptitude test is next year too....:(plzz helllppp) especially can i study these subj of a'level at home and get a*??? any good websites for studying???

Reaction score
Salam :) As i am taking chem and phy i can suggest you these two subject books
  • Chemistry- Study Guide for your A level-Chemistry Edition 3 its by Step-By-Step Publications (concise and summarised according to the syllabus and student friendly common errors that candidates make in the chapters are also given)
  • Physics-Coursebook by David Sang,Graham Jones,Richard Woodside and Gurinder Chadha
    I use these books and are quite useful
    As your preparing for your A- Levels and your aptitude test I suggest that just divide your time among those 4 subjects as A-Level isnt easy i myself am in A-2 to start preparing for your exams you have to start studying from the start. Study about 4 hrs a day might be enough as developing concentration is the most important aspect in education go into your room study for 2 hrs take a 30-40 mins break to freshen up and then start studying again for 2 hrs in those 2 hrs JUST STUDY many students in their study time they go drink water answer the door roam about here there as i used to do it when i was doing my O levels :p Good luck for your exams :) Hope i helped :D

Reaction score
Hey!
For chem u can study
1-Coursebook by Roger Norris, Lawrie Ryan and David Acaster
2-A-levels Chemistry by E.N.Ramsden
For phy its Pacific Physics vol 1 n 2.
for g.p practice past papers.

Reaction score
walekum assalam....
welcome....
u lust be a hardworker imho...i have heard only a few peeps doin fsc nd alevels together

for the chem book i recommend
chemistry by en ramsden
and as a reference book the cie one(cambridge) chemistry book
classified past papers ie unsolved pastpaers from (1982-1999) many mcqs are repeated from those papers...;)
idk bout bio n gp as i am an engineering student...=P

if u live in khi try to get ur hands on some notes by sir farhan who gives classes at "the highbrow" the notes he gives are very detailed and very easy to study..i got them from a friend and without taking his classes i git a A....=)...just make sure u get some notes by good teachers and ure on a path for A* IA

for any further info pm me...=)

Reaction score
Phy, Chem, Bio do the CIE endorsed books only.

G.P do past papers with examiner reports.

Reaction score
I would first think about what you're getting yourself into, then think about which books are necessary, including the fact you want A*'s.