• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Few queries regarding Islamiat, pak std, and Urdu?

Are you guys done preparing for CIES?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Few of the queries, I want to get clear with ;
1) in Islamiat, Q1 part (a), how much do they expect us to write? , and in which part of Q1 do we have to give references part (a) or part (b). (Any sample solved surahs, link please?)

2) Other Important personalities, scribes, wives, In general "the Early Islamic community" do we have to memorize all the details? Or in general terms?

3) Does handwriting, grammar, or any such things keeps significance in Islamiat, pak std?

4) in paper 2 of Islamiat do we have to memorize all the battles fought during the caliphs?

5) in a Q like "Outline the work carried out by the scribes of divine revelation.." Do we have to mention specific scribes and their particular contribution, or just talk in general terms?

All help will be appreciated. And any tips to prepare for Islamiat, pak std and Urdu do share.

thankyou :)

Reaction score
1) in Islamiat, Q1 part (a), how much do they expect us to write? , and in which part of Q1 do we have to give references part (a) or part (b). (Any sample solved surahs, link please?)

2) Other Important personalities, scribes, wives, In general "the Early Islamic community" do we have to memorize all the details? Or in general terms?

3) Does handwriting, grammar, or any such things keeps significance in Islamiat, pak std?

4) in paper 2 of Islamiat do we have to memorize all the battles fought during the caliphs?

5) in a Q like "Outline the work carried out by the scribes of divine revelation.." Do we have to mention specific scribes and their particular contribution, or just talk in general terms?

All help will be appreciated. And any tips to prepare for Islamiat, pak std and Urdu do share.

1) For part (a) of Q.1 you need to cover all the aspects metioned in the Surah/ Hadith. In part (b) you can give reference as it asks for the its importance in Muslim's life today so Quranic/ Hadith references can be mentioned in order to boost the answer to level 4 and also these references also help in giving the importance of the Surah.
I found a answer for Surah on XPF and here it is.

2) For the personalities you should know all of them b/c mainly a question comes on Abu Talib, Hz.Bilal, Abu Sufyan, Hz. Hasan and Hussain, but you never know about CIE.
For wives, in OCT/NOV 2012 a question came asking about biography of any 2 from 4 which included Hz.Ayesha, Hz.Hafsa, Hz.Umm-e-Salamah and Hz.Sawdah
So, memorize all incase if a question comes and you have no choice to drop it. You don't know what can happen :)
The important scribe is Zaid bin Thabit but you should know the names of others scribes as well and their contribution. A question on Hz. Zaid bin Thabit is repeated several times.

3) According to me grammar is not much important but as an English student you should know correct grammar. Make sure you don't repeat a set of words again and again. For e.g: You are using word "Although" everywhere. Change it, use its synonyms. That;s what my Islamiyat teacher told me.
Hand Writing is quite imp. as the papers will be scanned to the examiners, so make sure you do legible writing. Also donot write after the lines b/c when papers are scanned only the area containing the lines is scanned. So if you need to write anything ask for an extra sheet.
Again, for Pak.Studies it must be legible.

4) Yup, you need to b/c there is a qs. on Hz.Umar's Caliphate asking "Why is the Caliphate of Umar the golden era of Islam". So there you need to give a brief detail of the battles fought during his caliphate and how their success led to expansion of Islam and so and so....

5) Sorry, I can't tell. if you mention a question maybe I could

TIPS
In history, prepare as many 4 marks you can from the chapters you read b/c they are not repeated and every year they are nearly new. Also do timed practice if you have a problem of not completing the paper in the given time
For geography, do as many past papers as you can and read the whole book. Donot leave any topic as it is quite risky b/c you donot know which questions might come in the paper.
For islamiyat, do past papers so you can be familiar about the type of questions which can come.

BEST OF LUCK FOR CIE!!!! :)
I am also giving CIE for Pak.Studies and Islamiyat
So, pray and hope for the best

Attachments

• 5.pdf
    130.8 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score

1) According to me, Part a) is usually longer than part b) as it requires more knowledge, while part b) is kind of general/analysis. What matters more is that you cover the description of all themes of the passage, while taking care of leaving space for part b). Mostly, part a)s are a bit more than half a page. I opt to give references to part A) because whenever you are describing beliefs, it is necessary to support it by a relevant verse or example from Prophet PBUH.

2) For the personalities, I suggest studying all details generally, and then memorising specific details in points. Study ALL of them, but concentrate on the prominent ones like Ram97 has mentioned above.

3) Examiners have many scripts to check, so an untidy and unclear hand writing would be annoying. Your handwriting should be understandable and neat. Don't go beyond or beside the lines, as they won't be considered. English should be proper with correct tenses and grammar: minor mistakes are fine as its not an English language exam. Same goes for Pakistan Studies

4) For Hazrat Umar and Hazrat Abu Bakr, only remember the date, name of the battles, who won and lost, and who was involved. Its better not to memorise the details of the battles except for why they were fought. For the expansion of the empire under Hazrat Umar, you only need references to the battles and why they were fought, then how they benefitted. Important one is the Jerusalem. Same is with Hazrat Abu Bakr.

Reaction score
Thankyou Guys!
So you mean that it doesn't matter if I mention references in part (a) or part (b). Or is it like, it's compulsory for part (b)? Clarify please.

The first Islamic community, I kinda find it hard to remember all the details of all the people. I think it will be okay if I go through them all. And concentrate more on the important ones. Like the ones you mentioned. That will do. Right..?

Handwriting should be clear and understandable. About the grammar part, it doesn't matter if I capitalize few letters, or omit a full stop, or maybe a comma, generally the punctuation. The paper is pretty lengthy and therefore I always make punctuation mistakes. Is it okay?

The caliphs and the battles are hard to memorize? Has any question come regarding the battles specifically hitherto?

Thankyou for your help. :)

Reaction score
Thankyou Guys!
So you mean that it doesn't matter if I mention references in part (a) or part (b). Or is it like, it's compulsory for part (b)? Clarify please.

The first Islamic community, I kinda find it hard to remember all the details of all the people. I think it will be okay if I go through them all. And concentrate more on the important ones. Like the ones you mentioned. That will do. Right..?

Handwriting should be clear and understandable. About the grammar part, it doesn't matter if I capitalize few letters, or omit a full stop, or maybe a comma, generally the punctuation. The paper is pretty lengthy and therefore I always make punctuation mistakes. Is it okay?

The caliphs and the battles are hard to memorize? Has any question come regarding the battles specifically hitherto?
As for Islamic community part, go through all of it but focus on the important ones.
Good luck. ;)

You don't HAVE to give references anywhere. But when you're making a point you need to support it with evidence. It'll improve the quality of your answer and you'll get better marks. You can give them anywhere you think suitable. For Part (a) 2 references and their explanations should do. 1 is enough for part (b).
Grammar doesn't matter as long as it's understandable.

As for the Islamic community, go through all of them but focus on the important ones. Also, go through the past papers and study the topics that are repeated a lot.
Good luck. :)

Reaction score
Thankyou Guys!

References are not compulsory, they are only important and beneficial. Give a reference of a Quranic verse or a hadith/example from the life of Prophet PBUH wherever it seems suitable. One or two references will be fine for part a), as for part b) if you like to include reference..then its good otherwise its not as necessary because you are analysing the same beliefs into teachings...rather try to give real life examples.

Yes you are right, that will do for the Islamic Community.

Yes that will be okay as they are looking for the knowledge in your content, not your punctuation or capitalisation knowledge however care must be taken not to interfere with the meaning of your content. oh and refer to Allah with a capital. Punctuation generally wont really interfere.

There has been no question regarding the battles, however there has been a question about the expansion of the empire under Hazrat Umar, so you have to give references to the battles (but not describing their events and making them the main focus). The only important battles in the caliphs are the battles of Siffin and Camel in the caliphate of Hazrat Ali (I am telling you what my Islamiat teacher told me and she is a competent and experienced teacher)
Yes, Caliphs is a tough chapter and I think you should cover the topics not yet come in CIE as we have been seeing that new and different questions have been coming from the four caliphs.

Your welcome :)