• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
This post is for those who cant get in government medical colleges and want to go to private med colleges , for those who cant afford private med colleges and for the undecided ones.

1. Those who did O levels and A levels:
.If your equivalence for both is 90 or above, no worries. If you were a slacker in MCAT and didn't score well, you could get into a private med college. If you don't want to go to a private, you can repeat and should score 950 or above marks in MCAT to be on the safe side.

.If your equivalence is 80 or above for both, welcome to the club of "my fate is hanging by a thread". If you work hard and get 1000 above marks, you'll do just fine. But bec hardwork is for the weak, and you end up with fewer marks ( in the range of 800-950) , you can get into a private med college. If you don't want to got to private, then repeat only if you're sure you'll score above 1000. *Also repeating A levels will have close to no effect on your final aggregate.Unless you can magically upgrade your D's or C's to A's.

.If your equivalence is less than this, than a donation and safarish come in handy.

2.Those who did Fsc:
80% or above marks, you have a chance but i dont know, you guys are unpredictable, just dont be a slacker in MACT.

THINGS TO DO IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO PRIVATE:
Have an aggregate of 70 or above. Let me break this down, if you have 80 or above aggregate, you can get into fmh, shalamar, central park , the popular ones. with 70 to 80, still can go to central park i think, they just take whoever they like, and the other ones, also private med colleges in islamabad would take you. if you have 70 or less, then donations will help.

2.Always apply in private med colleges as soon as admissions open. if you apply in the later dates, doesn't matter if your aggregate is good, they somehow "accidentally' forget about your admission form.

3.Apply everywhere to be on the safe side and last year uhs was being a little annoying regarding admissions in private med colleges saying that if students want to apply to private med colleges, they should apply through uhs and not approach the colleges directly. Guess what happened, students who applied only through uhs didn't get admission anywhere bec the private colleges didn't even consider their admissions. If uhs says do something, do that thing but also do what private med colleges tell you to be safe.

FOR THOSE WHO CANT AFFORD PRIVATE MED COLLEGES:
Well, first of all, welcome to my club. I respect your patience, nothing makes a person more depressed than working hard but still not getting what you want and to add to that now your family and friends judge you. to make it worse, there are people who never worked hard but are now in their 2nd or 3rd year of mbbs while you're a victim of your circumstances.
1.If your equivalence is 90 or above, you have to work just a bit hard in mcat. but your chances are still high.

2. If your equivalence is 80 to 90, it all depends on your luck , bec i know people with these aggregates and people who had A*s , who were stuck in mcat repeating ritual again and again, and one of them got into shalamar med college but in the last lists, its sad. My personal suggestion, if you cant get in after your 3rd mcat , just move on, its not worth destroying your sanity over.

3.If your equivalence is below all this, then just change fields. i completed my alevel in 2014, and this year i just gave maths paper and got into really good engineering unis. and i also found out that im good at maths. If you dont have a cramming mindset, then that just indicates you have a logical mindset. You'll find maths interesting. Believe me , im an average student but i covered alevel maths in 3 months, from scratch. You just need determination.

I have more info regarding private medical colleges, aggregates,academies,preparations and changing fields, i didnt waste 3 years on nothing, feel free to ask any question even if you see this post in 2020 or something, i will help.
*this post will be more helpful after this year's MCAT.

Reaction score
Do you think its possible for an A level student whos studied in the UAE to get accepted into a private medical university like shifa or foudation with B's in islamabad specifically?