• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Forced Imposition

Reaction score
Do you guys really think forcing principles on an individual is right?
Like religious principles, for instance?

I believe, a person should himself/ herself reach a certain stage when such things start to settle in.
And their importance be felt from the inside.
Not as a matter of daily routine.

Reaction score
at times the importance of certain things are to be told and suggested (not forced) to others.... but again if talking about individuals ... it comes out to be more than one type... the young and older ones for example.... depends on each of them separately

Reaction score
i too am against forced imposition, i believe that an individual should practice religion out of sincerity, because if he is forced then he is simply doing it out of fear and whatnot which is outright useless

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Do you guys really think forcing principles on an individual is right?
Like religious principles, for instance?
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

Well, I think it's not right. Because Allah tells us in the Quran:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things." [Quran 2:256]

I believe, a person should himself/ herself reach a certain stage when such things start to settle in.And their importance be felt from the inside.
Not as a matter of daily routine.

But I don't agree to this part. What if you die before that 'certain stage'? What if it was your last chance? And then Allah tells us in the Quran:

"The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong..." [Quran 9:71]

And in the next Ayah, it's said:
"Allah has promised the believing men and believing women gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence; but approval from Allah is greater. It is that which is the great attainment." [Quran 9:72]
Now review this:
"I believe, a person should himself/ herself reach a certain stage when such things start to settle in."

Don't you feel, we should be of those 'believing men and women' whom Allah has promised gardens beneath which rivers flow....? So, one should definitely spread the message and advise his fellow Muslim if s/he cares about, BUT of course not force someone to follow it, because Allah himself says 'Truth stands out clear from Error'.

So next time, if someone advises US, we should know that s/he wouldn't have done that if he didn't care for us. Even otherwise, what we sadly say is, 'look at yourself' 'follow yourself, and then tell us' etc...We should remind ourselves, on the Day of Judgement, Allah won't ask me if he followed it or not, I'd have to answer if 'I' followed it or not!

Can you please explain what you meant by this: "Not as a matter of daily routine."

Peace~

Reaction score
imposition also includes using wrong ways and imposing the principals so harshly on every one that no one can escape them. a society destroys if the principals are for personal benefit or are changed.(this is very common when we talk about Islam, giving a different look to principals and then imposing them)
Overall, a people should be given space to breath.