• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSC OR A LEVELS for science students

Reaction score
Don't worry about ECAT or MCAT. You will be able to cover inter syllabus, if you are willing to that is. After giving 2nd year alevel exam start preparing for MCAT. If having problem understanding go for tuition. Most of the things are same for both inter and alevel so you will need to look through some of the additional inter topics.

Reaction score
cud anyone post here how are the alevels' marks converted like their equivalence as compared to fsc.. coz i can only hope for A*s its not definite to get em so i wanted to noe wat advantage wud it b for me of doing alevels keeping in mind that i myt lose an A* sumwhere..

Reaction score
This year, student getting straight As in o and a level got 85% equivalence. All As and one B got around 83-84 % and so on.

Reaction score
yes i am also very confused at this........ i am doin my o levels ryte now and i want some suggestions abt wat shuld i choose in my later years!! FSC or A levels

Reaction score
Look i hav a cousin in NUST, AMC nd she says that there are many students studying with her who hav done A'levels. They got admission even after doing A'levels..... so dont worry!

Reaction score
With the 10 40 50 merit formula most of the emphasis is now on entry test. Doing FSc books is the key to cracking the MCAT. The advce is if you did O levels then do A levels, and in A2 start going over FSc books too (if you can't handle that workload which in reality isn't even a workload by international standards provided 3 A levels only, then you can't handle medicine anyways). If you want to do FSc you should have thought about that before putting your leg in O levels.

Reality check: My A level friends did get over 1000 MCAT marks by doing FSc books with many over 950 marks too and did make it till K.E too (not to mean that everyone should make getting into K.E a do or die situation, just to show that getting till 89% aggregate is possible for O/A guys)