• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone post notes for linear spaces and the things associated with it ( not eigenvector/values and inverse) Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
I HAVE a question for u all guyz do I need to take accelerated maths if i want to take further maths in alevels! can any one guide me here!!!!

Reaction score
Ow, crap. Sorry, I made a mistake. I meant Q 11 (Mechanics) from Paper 2 October/November 2007. :/ But thanks for replying anyway.
That's okay.
And this question... I presume that you did not read it carefully enough :p
Here's the working
capture3.PNG

Reaction score
That's okay.
And this question... I presume that you did not read it carefully enough :p
Here's the working
View attachment 9928

Well, thanks a lot, mate. I realized that I screwed up in 2 places. One, I tried using the Cos Rule to find x, which...sucks. I ended up with this pathetic, useless expression in terms of cos theta. And next, I was using F=ma, instead of C=I (angular a), which just further complicates things. I've no idea why I didn't use that equation. Totally slipped my mind. Anyway, do let me know if I can reciprocate, I shall be glad to.

Reaction score
Well, thanks a lot, mate. I realized that I screwed up in 2 places. One, I tried using the Cos Rule to find x, which...sucks. I ended up with this pathetic, useless expression in terms of cos theta. And next, I was using F=ma, instead of C=I (angular a), which just further complicates things. I've no idea why I didn't use that equation. Totally slipped my mind. Anyway, do let me know if I can reciprocate, I shall be glad to.
Looks like my presumptions are non sense. :p
Anyway I'm glad that my reply did help you. :D

Reaction score
I HAVE a question for u all guyz do I need to take accelerated maths if i want to take further maths in alevels! can any one guide me here!!!!
PLz answer mE!
I'm sorry but what do you mean by accelerated maths?
I began to take further maths after I finished a-level pure & applied maths.

Reaction score
Guys,plz try to do no 4 in the paper below,i am in great diffuculty

Attachments

• 9231_w09_qp_2.pdf
    122 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
I'm sorry but what do you mean by accelerated maths?
I began to take further maths after I finished a-level pure & applied maths.
Acc. maths means completing 2 years maths in 1 year!!!!! So how much time u took in completing simple maths!!!! IN which College u study?

Reaction score
Acc. maths means completing 2 years maths in 1 year!!!!! So how much time u took in completing simple maths!!!! IN which College u study?
Sure, I took Pure Maths 1, 2 & 3 all in one year, along with Mechanics 1 & Statistics 1.

Reaction score
k! so my quest. was ..... if we donot complete our maths in 1 year, will we be able to take further maths?

Reaction score
k! so my quest. was ..... if we donot complete our maths in 1 year, will we be able to take further maths?

Further Maths can be taken along with Mathematics. You don't need to complete Maths to opt for FM.

Reaction score
Well, further maths does not need how fast you can finish a-level maths. It requires a knowledge foundation, a certain knowledge level, which can be fully covered by a-level maths. So as long as you have mastered a-level, you can start doing further maths.

Reaction score
Further Maths can be taken along with Mathematics. You don't need to complete Maths to opt for FM.
SO will it be difficult for me to cover further maths and maths both at the same time? or I can Cover Both Not easily but some how in A2!
Thanks For your Reply...............:)

Reaction score
SO will it be difficult for me to cover further maths and maths both at the same time? or I can Cover Both Not easily but some how in A2!
Thanks For your Reply...............:)

Not necessarily. If you would want to get past further maths, you would have to be familiar with P3 S2 and M2. Its not essential for you to take maths exams early. You can finish the syllabus and then do further maths and take both exams together. After you've done further maths, P3 will seem VERY easy ;)

Salaam

Reaction score
So u mean that One should finish Maths Syllabus before starting Further Maths! Wat if I start MAths IN A's And FUrther IN A2! Will i be able to cover both?
Sorry if i am annoying u !;)

Reaction score
So u mean that One should finish Maths Syllabus before starting Further Maths! Wat if I start MAths IN A's And FUrther IN A2! Will i be able to cover both?
Sorry if i am annoying u !;)
Of course you will. :D