• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

G.P or Thinking Skills

Reaction score
can some one tell me that i got 6A nd 1B and a D in o level so should i take the combination of physics chemistry maths and thinking skills? reply would be appreciated :D

Thinking Skills isn't the most preferred subject; you should take a 'traditional' subject such as Economics, a language etc.

Reaction score
Hey, I wish to pursue a career in journalism for which I'm thinking of taking eng lit, sociology, economics, media studies, thinking skills and urdu lang for my AS level. I'll drop some for A level. I have expected A*s in my o level so do you guys think I can possibly do all these subs and if they are the suitable choice for top uni acceptances in jornalism and eng lit prog?

Reaction score
Hey, I wish to pursue a career in journalism for which I'm thinking of taking eng lit, sociology, economics, media studies, thinking skills and urdu lang for my AS level. I'll drop some for A level. I have expected A*s in my o level so do you guys think I can possibly do all these subs and if they are the suitable choice for top uni acceptances in jornalism and eng lit prog?

I think the combination is fine for journalism but you can also opt History or Global perspectives instead of thinking skills ( if you want to or else its fine). Why do you want to drop some in A levels? I think you should take the complete course of each subject.
Whether you can do these or not really depends on you. Since you are expecting A*s in your o'levels result so i think managing these would not be a problem for you. And if you have taken up Economics, Sociology, English Literature and Urdu already in o'levels, so you might not be having any issues. I think the choice is suitable for acceptance but you can check the university requirements through visiting the website of your desired university as this would guide you better.

Reaction score
I think the combination is fine for journalism but you can also opt History or Global perspectives instead of thinking skills ( if you want to or else its fine). Why do you want to drop some in A levels? I think you should take the complete course of each subject.
Whether you can do these or not really depends on you. Since you are expecting A*s in your o'levels result so i think managing these would not be a problem for you. And if you have taken up Economics, Sociology, English Literature and Urdu already in o'levels, so you might not be having any issues. I think the choice is suitable for acceptance but you can check the university requirements through visiting the website of your desired university as this would guide you better.
Thank you so much, really. Yes but I have been told that Thinking Skills is a social science as well as comes in the category of Math and Sciences. So by taking this will I be able to get the AICE certificate as I'm not into sciences and Math?

Reaction score
Thank you so much, really. Yes but I have been told that Thinking Skills is a social science as well as comes in the category of Math and Sciences. So by taking this will I be able to get the AICE certificate as I'm not into sciences and Math?

Yeah then you should go for thinking skills, Good luck :)

Reaction score
Thinking skills is not easy at all.
Scoring a good grade in it is pretty tough too,only 2% A's last year.
GP is much easier but that too depends whether you can write in flow or not.

Reaction score
Yes I agree that thinking skills is not at all an easy subject contrary to what many people seem to believe. There is a lot of time pressure in the exam and the questions are tough. Infact it could one of the hardest ones to score an A in. But it is a useful subject. These skills that you gain out of this subject in my opinion may come more handy in practical life than even the traditional subjects. If your job is to learn a skill such as how to think, how to approach different problems then take this subject. If u want to increase the number of A's then don't. Also its not a boring subject (although that also depends upon the teacher). The problems are interesting and will engage you. You'll certainly not take it as a chore as the other subjects.