• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Geography paper 12 2012

Reaction score
How was the geography paper 1 today?? I was kinda disappointed.. Please let me know your views.. I wanna know whether its only me who felt it this way..

Reaction score
it wasnt such a bad paper, but I had to improvise some stuff because I couldn't write much about alot of the case studies I had learnt.

Reaction score
it was not that bad -------------what questions did you guys do? I did 1,3,4.

Reaction score
I was quite happy with what I did, considering that I had spent the night before cramming without really having studied most of the book. I used CIE's book btw. It is very neatly ordered, for each topic you have at least 2 case studies, etc.

I answered questions 1,2 & 6.

Btw where are you guys giving the exam? I'm in Jeddah and registered through the British Council, I was the only candidate for Geography and I had my exam in the British Council as opposed to usually having it in a school with the other subjects. I don't understand why if the subject is so unpopular then why would CIE have 3 variants for it?!

Reaction score
How was the geography paper 1 today?? I was kinda disappointed.. Please let me know your views.. I wanna know whether its only me who felt it this way..
the geography paper wasn't too bad... i did 1,2 and 5...the case studies were quite straightforward...i think i lost some marks on the 3,4,5 mark questions instead...

Reaction score
guys there was a question in part 1 for 5 marks that went something like this...
"why have some towns grown which would otherwise have a low population density"
what did you guys write? i was a bit confused about the wording of the question...

Reaction score
guys there was a question in part 1 for 5 marks that went something like this...
"why have some towns grown which would otherwise have a low population density"
what did you guys write? i was a bit confused about the wording of the question...
It was confusing.. I wrote because there is more land available for industries, people prefer staying away from noisy places, traffic congestion & pollution, employment opportunities since there is lack of labour & workforce, blah blah. What did u write??

Reaction score
It was confusing.. I wrote because there is more land available for industries, people prefer staying away from noisy places, traffic congestion & pollution, employment opportunities since there is lack of labour & workforce, blah blah. What did u write??
i said that the discovery of raw materials can lead to an area growing although it is expected to have low popn density. I also said that if some areas are made the capital city then it will no longer have a low popn density as expected - eg Brasilia... and other points about tourism developing and having natural harbors...all of which may lead to growth despite the area not having other desirable features.

Reaction score
I was quite happy with what I did, considering that I had spent the night before cramming without really having studied most of the book. I used CIE's book btw. It is very neatly ordered, for each topic you have at least 2 case studies, etc.

Btw where are you guys giving the exam? I'm in Jeddah and registered through the British Council, I was the only candidate for Geography and I had my exam in the British Council as opposed to usually having it in a school with the other subjects. I don't understand why if the subject is so unpopular then why would CIE have 3 variants for it?!
what do u mean by CIE's BOOK? where did u buy it? can u tell me the author and title of the book so i can buy it cause i'm sitting geography in novermber this year..?

Reaction score

hey which book?pls tell us too..

Reaction score
im taking geography in m/j session and by self-study , so guys, could you tell me which book did u use? plz help .. and what about map work and paper 4 , how can i study for them ??