• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grade threshold question

Reaction score
I've been reading the GT of a few papers, I'm unclear about certain aspects.

For example I'm giving Mathematics (9709) AS level paper 12 and paper 62 (P1,S1)
The minimum grade threshold to obtain grade 'E' suggested in paper 12 for 2013 May/June was
Component 12: 21/75 Marks
Component 62: 12/50 Marks

And Combination of components for AS level 12,62 to achieve minimum grade E was 33/125 Marks.

I'm just wondering suppose I fail to achieve the minimum grade E in component 62 which is 12/50.
And achieve 30-35/75 in component 12, will this mean that I have passed in AS level and get a final grade E?

Here's another summary of my elaborate question,
If I'm giving AS level for mathematics (P1,S1) and fail in one part of a component say S1 and get good enough grade in P1 (enough to cover the marks lost to achieve E grade in S1) will my final grade be E or above or Will I have failed because I failed in S1?

Same goes for Physics.

Reason is, I beleive I did not do well enough in stats, and I'm worried that If I fail in Stats I'll fail in the whole AS for mathematics. Please provide a sufficient reply backed by knowledge about grade thresholds, no flukes. Thanks.

Reaction score
if u get a good grade in p1 as in a or b..you will pass as maths but with a d or e grade. most probably with e.