• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

guys biology paper 2 is on 29 of may ...i need some help

Reaction score
and what are the things we should learn in core G?
transport in plant :
xerophyte,
transport of water in xylem,
transport of sucrose in phloem
role of companion cell
transpiration

transport in mammal :
arteries, vein capillaries
how co2 is transported
bohr shift + haemoglobin
cardiac cycle
structure of heart

is that it? just to make sure...

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.

Reaction score
what about explain how heart action is initiated and controlled

It's initiated by SAN (sino-atrial node) which send a wave of electrical excitation across the atrial wall that causes the atrial muscle to contract and bring about atrial systole. A band of insulating fiber in the median septum prevents this impulse from reaching the ventricle. This allows a time delay for the atrial systole to complete before the ventricles start contracting.
The AVN then acts as a relay station and send another impulse to the ventricle via the purkyne tissues. The purkyne tissues conducts the impulse to the base of the ventricle wall so that it contracts from the bottom upwards.

Reaction score
and what is a mass flow? sorry i'm asking too much questions here :s i'm pretty nervous about my exam which is tomorrow.

Mass flow is basically the bulk movement of matter through a tube.
No problem, i have bio tomorrow as well.
Good luck! :D

Reaction score
and what is a mass flow? sorry i'm asking too much questions here :s i'm pretty nervous about my exam which is tomorrow.
Mass flow means that all the water molecules (along with any solute molecules-as in translocation) move together ,as a body of liquid .This is helped by two properties of water molecules -cohesion and adhesion
cohesion-water molecules are attracted to each other
adhesion:water molecules are attracted to the lignin in xylem vessels (or to the walls of sieve tube -in translocation)
cohesion and adhesion help to keep water moving as a continous column

Reaction score
Mass flow is basically the bulk movement of matter through a tube.
No problem, i have bio tomorrow as well.
Good luck! :D
you as well best of luck! i'm sure you'll do fine since you taught me so much :') i have to say thank you and i am so grateful to you :)

Reaction score
can anyone explain the transport in plant in detail?? im always confused with the sucrose, sieve tube and companion cell thingy. And what kind of transport stuff do we have to know about xylem vessel???